RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:35:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | June 2019 Shmup Club - Ghost Blade 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: June 2019 Shmup Club - Ghost Blade  (Read 16689 times)
Christapp76
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2019, 06:02:41 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2019, 02:17:34 PM »

Went back to the DC version for sunday. I did another clear and increased my score. My personal best so far. (#2: 1.274.365.585)

Only thing i don't get is how the column for combo on the scoreboard works. It shows 0, but i finished the first 3 stages without losing a life, so there must have been a higher combo somewhere. Until now i thought it shows the highest combo you got during your playthrough, but it seems that is not how it works...
I lost a life shortly before defeating the final boss, so maybe it just shows the combo you had before finishing the game or Game Over). Maybe someone knows for sure?

Oh and @MetalFRO: i did beat your highscore. Wink

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 02:31:35 PM by zoydo » Logged

TOB
Christapp76
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2019, 04:29:56 PM »

PS4 normal

Man, stage four is difficult!

Christapp76
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2019, 04:31:33 PM »

I seem to play best using Milan

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2019, 04:56:44 PM »

Good score, Christapp76! And yes, Stage 4 in the HD version is quite difficult!

zoydo - way to step up and best my score! I might have to jump back into the DC version if I can manage a 1CC in HD, and see about taking that down Wink

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2019, 11:41:29 PM »

Upped my score a bit this evening on stream:

Feels like it takes a little while for me to find a rhythm with the game, but I'm getting closer to the end of Stage 4, so that's good.

Christapp76
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2019, 03:44:26 PM »

Still struggling on level 4!

PS4

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2019, 08:08:42 PM »

I managed to reach the final boss (barely) last night, and got my highest score so far in Ghost Blade HD, on Normal difficulty:

Having got used to the increased pacing of the HD version, the extra bullets, and that there's just generally more going on, I'm curious to know, if I went back to the original Dreamcast version, would I do better in it, and could I 1CC it with the other ships?

Christapp76
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2019, 11:27:08 AM »

Mr Guru, what’s the deadline for scores?

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2019, 02:42:39 PM »

Mr Guru, what’s the deadline for scores?

Haha, you don't have to call me Mr. but thank you for your kindness Wink

The deadline is midnight on the last day. I'm not 100% sure what time the server is, but I think it's Pacific time, so let's say midnight Pacific, just as a standard. Or perhaps midnight in your own time zone, but Pacific is the cutoff, and everyone's on the honor system Cheesy

Christapp76
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2019, 03:54:50 PM »

Christapp76
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2019, 04:09:06 PM »

My god the DC is slow and buggy or is just my set up 😂

First attempt and probably my last. Will stick with the PS4 version I think

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2019, 04:24:57 PM »

The DC version is definitely slower than the HD version, and yes, it's a bit quirky. But it's a relatively easy clear, so I would encourage you to give it another try, and see if you can get the 1CC Cheesy

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2019, 10:29:40 PM »

June is over already., that was fast. I was a bit lazy the last week and played a few runs only, because it's freaking hot outside. Had a lot of fun this month and i really enjoyed playing Ghostblade. I love the Dreamcast, it's one of my favourite Consoles (maybe Top3) and it's awesome, that there are still games released on this gem until today.  Especially for shmups theres a lot of love on the late Dreamcast, just recieved Armed 7 last week, which was released recently.

I got he DC-Version of Ghost Blade two weeks before the playthrough and only played the HD-version before.
The DC-version is quite a bit easier than the HD-Remaster and has some technical issues too. But still love this version because it's fun to play, it's colourful and the soundtrack is awesome and after a few playthoughs you got a feeling for where to bomb, to reduce the technical issuses and go on.

Couldn't clear the HD-Version yet, but maybe i can do that over time (made it to the final boss already). There's really a lot going on and sometimes it's hard to keep a clear view, because there are tons of different bullets, points and power ups. They really amped up everything for the HD-Version and added a Hard Mode and Caravan Mode as well. So the HD-Version might be the best choice to play the game.

Still like the DC-Version a bit more because Dreamcast!
What i also really like about the game is, that it's made by a german team. There aren't too many games coming from Germany, so it's totally awesome, that we have some talented  and dedicated
indie-developers doing cool shmups for the DC (and other platforms), such as NG:Dev., Duranik and Hucast.

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2019, 11:35:16 PM »

Thanks for sharing some final thoughts, zoydo!

I managed to get the 1CC on Normal in Ghost Blade HD!

And here's my high score, 2,357,274,800 points:

I also put in a couple runs on Hard, and managed to get over 1 billion:

And had a decent run on Score Attack mode as well, squeezing out just over 1 million points:

This was a great month, and I'm happy to have finally dug into this game! Anyone else have any final thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 11:38:12 PM by MetalFRO » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length