RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:44:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #61 - RF Generation Playcast (Limbo & Inside) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #61 - RF Generation Playcast (Limbo & Inside)  (Read 8553 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: May 23, 2019, 10:27:16 AM »

COMING SOON!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 08:53:47 AM »

Great episode, guys! I really like how you're giving little guest spots to others to weigh in on topics. I am enjoying them.

I'v never been an anime fan, but one of my favorite YouTubers recently did a video on Perfect Blue that got me interested in it. You might enjoy it - https://youtu.be/gHWSlSyjK5c

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 10:01:51 AM »

Thanks, Pam!

I had that video in my watch later for a while and never took the plunge. Knowing that it has your blessing, I will prioritize it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 09:47:26 PM »

Thanks for the listen Pam!  Also appreciate the feedback on the guest spots. We are really enjoying them to as it gives a lot to bounce off of. I hope that we can continue these going forward.

As much as it may sound like I'm an anime fan, I've only seen a handful of them and feel like I only have a toe in the water. Lots of them I don't care for, but there are some great things out there that just can't be captured in live action films. Perfect Blue could be for sure, but it's a pretty intense thriller that should be seen.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 11:52:48 PM »

Thanks for the shout during the podcast! Perfect Blue rules!

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 04:41:35 AM »

I watched Hi Score Girl also Shawn and it was really great. It has some of my favorite character development in an Anime. I almost stopped watching after a few episodes because Haruo is just the worst. He feeds into a ton of negative gamer stereotypes and I was having a hard time liking the show because of it. I think the arcade and Turbografx references and when his "inner Guile" talks to him kept me going though. Later in the season you can see him start to transform and grow as a person and I just started to love it. By the end of the season you could see how he cleary went from a very self entitled jackass to a caring more well rounded human being. Really great watch.

I do have internet in my home, and I do not update my games Wink

Pretty sure Nintendo hasn't actually announced any new hardware yet. The "Switch Mini" and "Switch Pro" are both unconfirmed rumors. Nintendo even said that they weren't going to talk about hardware at E3 this year.

You kind of mentioned it, but the excitement of the 3DS being done is that those dev teams move development over to the Switch so Switch owners get more to play and not so much that people don't want new 3DS stuff.

The Hacking of the Wii sounds like a weird religious ritual.

Thanks for sneaking in my question answer GrayGhost!

One thing I forgot to mention is that Limbo let's me use the D-Pad to play and Inside didn't so Limbo>Inside??

Megadeth, BoC and Runaways!! Best podcast soundtrack ever..... But then you played a Limbo "song" so it kind of evened out Wink

I really liked when you compared the music to a black and white film. While that doesn't make me like it any better that analogy helped me grasp the idea behind it a lot more.

Thanks for letting me be a part of the show guys. As usual I really enjoyed listening. Particularly eager to hear the Detroit and Twisted Metal playcasts in the coming months!
PS - I don't get the Buddy Holly joke. Can someone explain it to me?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 05:20:58 AM »

It is in reference to the Weezer song, Buddy Holly. The chorus starts with: Oo-ee-oo
I look just like Buddy Holly

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 06:53:14 AM »

Crab! Thanks for the feedback, man!

You kind of mentioned it, but the excitement of the 3DS being done is that those dev teams move development over to the Switch so Switch owners get more to play and not so much that people don't want new 3DS stuff.

Yeah, my point was that I'm pretty skeptical of this stance. First of all, I'd like to see an example of a developer that was somehow forced to make 3DS games which would've preferred to have been making a Switch game. Pretty sure this is fiction. Second, this is very anecdotal but I follow a few Switch collecting groups on social media and it doesn't look like there's any lack of games coming out for the system. I've literally seen youtube vids about how clogged with shovelware the Switch eShop is. Killing the 3DS doesn't make the Switch library any better.

I watched Hi Score Girl also Shawn and it was really great.

I'm so happy to hear this. We're not finished with it yet but I get what you're saying about Haruo. Despite the negative stereotypes put on him, I identified with him so strongly that he didn't bother me. I think we can all identify with being singularly obsessed with a particular game or gaming in particular to the point where, at the very least, it will annoy those around you.

The Hacking of the Wii sounds like a weird religious ritual.

It is.

I do have internet in my home, and I do not update my games Wink

Good call. NEVER update your games. That's how they get you!

Pretty sure Nintendo hasn't actually announced any new hardware yet. The "Switch Mini" and "Switch Pro" are both unconfirmed rumors. Nintendo even said that they weren't going to talk about hardware at E3 this year.

I don't have the internet so I cannot verify whether this is true or not.

Buddy Holly was playing with his Wii U when he was supposed to be piloting the plane.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 07:01:30 AM »

Buddy Holly was playing with his Wii U when he was supposed to be piloting the plane.

Too soon?

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 07:04:42 AM »

Too soon?

Yes, the plane hit the ground way too soon.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2019, 07:15:09 AM »

I get that joke!

Yeah, my point was that I'm pretty skeptical of this stance. First of all, I'd like to see an example of a developer that was somehow forced to make 3DS games which would've preferred to have been making a Switch game. Pretty sure this is fiction. Second, this is very anecdotal but I follow a few Switch collecting groups on social media and it doesn't look like there's any lack of games coming out for the system. I've literally seen youtube vids about how clogged with shovelware the Switch eShop is. Killing the 3DS doesn't make the Switch library any better.

I was referring only to internal development teams. I'd totally agree with you that a third party developer wouldn't be as enticed by new hardware at least until the install base is there to support it. But Nintendo pulling a team off of the 3DS to work on Switch software seems incredibly likely. Would we still be waiting for Pokemon Sun/Shield if the team that worked on Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon had been pulled to work on them? Why couldn't the Samus Returns Remake be a Switch game to tide use over while we wait for Prime 4 much like the Link's Awakening Remake while we wait for the next Zelda title? Did Kirby's Epic Yarn Extra, Wario Ware Gold or Mario Party 100 need to be released? I'm sure those teams could have made some awesome Switch software instead of rehashing a game and making two compilations. As a Switch owner I get excited by the prospect of new games. As a 3DS owner I lament not getting a really amazing swan song release from Nintendo as the quality in their first party output these last few years is pretty subpar. At least I have Persona Q2 to look forward to!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2019, 02:38:42 PM »

Sorry to bump an old thread but I just finished this episode and it was a winner. 

-I also Loved Jordan Peele's "Us", saw it in the theater and just watched it again after starting this episode.  Really enjoyed it the second time as well.  It also has one of my favorite trailers of all time. 

-Never heard that Wii U Buddy Holly joke, I was rofl

-Added Perfect Blue to my watch list even though I'm not an Anime guy

-Been years since I heard 99 ways to Die, nice thowback

-I loved both Limbo and Inside and listening to the show makes me want to play both again.  Really like Crabby's take on the story/ending of Limbo.  I usually dont get to deep into story theories when the game is so ambiguous but after hearing a few, I think I appreciate the game more. 

Great work, guys!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 07:56:28 PM »

Thanks for the listening buddy. Glad you are enjoying the show. Please keep commenting as you listen.

Bought Us the other week. So pumped.to watch it again.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length