RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:19:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | August 2019 Shmup Club - Blazing Lazers aka GunHed 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: August 2019 Shmup Club - Blazing Lazers aka GunHed  (Read 19366 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 08:26:09 AM »

I just got a led screen on my Express.  I might join in and see what I can do with this fine game.

Awesome! Curious to hear your thoughts on the game, once you've dug in a bit.

@coin_tengoku - that's pretty heavy, so yes, the ship is pretty nimble, given the weight Tongue

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 07:49:46 PM »

Just started it, got to level 2. I am trying to figure out what powers up my gun and what switches it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 09:50:49 PM »

The numbered power-ups (I-IV) are the different shot types. Pick up more of the same to further power-up that type. Picking up enough purple power chips will also power-up your main shot.

The letter power-ups are modifiers. S is shield, F is Firepower (weapon modifier), M is multi (like Gradius options), H is homing missiles. Some of them have multiple power levels upgraded by picking up more of the same. You also get 1 bomb per modifier pickup.

Power-ups that alternate will turn into screen clearing bombs if shot enough or allowed to move to the bottom of the screen.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 05:19:00 AM »

Ok, I've think I got it, the only thing I dont know is why I loose my multi sometimes when i get the shield and other times i keep them.

coin_tengoku
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 05:31:11 PM »

Okay here we go....Area 3 got hard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The overwhelming trait of a leader is identifying pathways over, around, through and under all barriers presented.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 09:26:58 PM »

Ok, I've think I got it, the only thing I dont know is why I loose my multi sometimes when i get the shield and other times i keep them.

You get a small shield as you power up your weapon, and your weapon will power down with hits. The Shield modifier seems to be time based, with time decreasing faster with hits taken. Not 100% positive on that yet though.

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2019, 11:09:26 PM »

score update: Stage 9 and again my favourite respawn spot...

TOB
coin_tengoku
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2019, 08:09:23 PM »

score update: Stage 9 and again my favourite respawn spot...

Awesome job Zoydo!  Area 7 is my wall right now. I thought there were only 8 levels....I have to do more!!!?? Man....I know I may receive criticism since this game is considered a classic but it’s just a little too long for me. Not really enough changing for me to love it. I think I would love it if the levels capped at 7. Maybe if I clear it I’ll change my mind.

The overwhelming trait of a leader is identifying pathways over, around, through and under all barriers presented.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2019, 12:07:19 AM »

Pretty good scores so far, everyone! I had forgotten how hard Area 7 is, and how brutal the bubble stage can get in spots, as well as the boss rush. I remember clearing this fairly easily about a decade ago, or thereabouts. It's certainly giving me more trouble than I anticipated. However, I'm making progress! I got to Area 9 this evening, and my highest score so far.

* Blazing Lazers high score 2.jpg (805.02 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 379 times.)

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 10:41:02 PM »

@coin_tengoku: thanks.^^  You're doing good progress too! Stage 7 can be tough if you loose a life or your weapon. The spot right after the midboss is tricky because of the many turrets. I try bombing them and get the shield powerup somehow, that helps to recover a bit. The stage 7 boss is also a little annoying, when you just got the standart weapon, missiles or the shield thunder make thins easier here.

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2019, 02:10:32 PM »

I got my clear! I managed to pull it out after losing a bunch of lives, but the last boss is, surprisingly, not that difficult. I managed to do so on stream:

Skip ahead to here if you want to see the last boss fight. My expression when I beat the boss is kinda priceless  Grin

* Blazing Lazers High Score.jpg (196.33 KB, 1193x671 - viewed 430 times.)

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2019, 01:35:13 PM »

@MetalFRO: congrats again! Smiley beer

Still stuck in the same spot. It's like a curse...

But at least i raised my score a bit:

TOB
coin_tengoku
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2019, 07:27:57 PM »

I got my clear! I managed to pull it out after losing a bunch of lives, but the last boss is, surprisingly, not that difficult. I managed to do so on stream:

Skip ahead to here if you want to see the last boss fight. My expression when I beat the boss is kinda priceless  Grin
Had a good laugh at that reaction!  Thanks for sharing and congrats. That’s a big deal dude. I can’t get past seven still. Oh well maybe it’ll happen by shear luck.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2019, 11:20:58 AM »

I've been experimenting with the game, since I got the clear. I did a couple runs where I took every weapon power-up as it came, as indiscriminately as possible. I managed to get reasonably far that way, and I think I might try that again. I did several runs using only the #1 weapon, and a sub-weapon of choice, and got to the end of the boss rush, but didn't quite manage to beat it. I'm trying the same thing with weapon #4, as well. These challenge run ideas are definitely interesting, and I'm hoping I can get a clear on at least one of these ideas.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2019, 08:14:21 PM »

I keep getting back to that same spot on the last level where all the enemies converge. So close, yet so far.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length