RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:32:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2019 Playthrough - Wii Light Gun Competition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: December 2019 Playthrough - Wii Light Gun Competition  (Read 14196 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: October 22, 2019, 02:31:34 PM »

PARTICIPANTS:
singlebanana
GrayGhost81
Wempster
Crabmaster2000
MetalFRO
Mr_Stubbes
bickman2k

GAMES:
Attack of the Movies 3D
Ghost Squad
House of the Dead 3

SCHEDULE:

Period 1 (Dec. 1st - 9th): Attack of the Movies 3D
Game Specific Rules - continues allowed

Period 2 (Dec. 10th - 18th): Ghost Squad
Game Specific Rules - continues allowed, finish all 3 missions for total score.

Period 3 (Dec. 19th - 27th): House of the Dead 3
Game Specific Rules -

Period 4 (Dec. 27th - 31st): BATTLE ROYALE!!!!! - Improve your standing on any of the games for 4 days only (must have posted a score for each game during its previous week).  ALL game specific rules still apply to each game during this period.

Enjoy!

GENERAL RULES: (**please also see Game Specific Rules above**)

As we have done in December's past, this year we will be holding another competition to determine the best Wii gunfighter on RF Generation.  This year, we will play three games, only one title each for 9 days.  At the end, there will be a 4 day Battle Royale in which participants can improve their scores (*see more details about this Battle Royale below).  Everyone will be required to post a photo of their best scores. You can post as many scores as you need to, if you better your score, but to avoid confusion, do not post lower scores than the highest one you already have posted for each game.  Scores will be accepted each period starting at midnight server time (not necessarily your time) for the beginning date listed for each game, and likewise, scores will be accepted until midnight server time for the end date of each game. Any scores submitted even within a fraction of a second past this end time WILL NOT be counted, so plan your playing and posting of scores accordingly. The participant with the highest point total for each game per week will earn 10 points, second place earns 9 points, and so on down to 5 points (everyone who participates each week will earn at least 5 points).

This process will continue for three 9 day periods listed above, and the last 4 days of the month will consist of a Battle Royale where participants will have the opportunity to improve their overall standing for each game played during the month. At the end of the month, each participant's score will be totaled and the participant with the highest score will be deemed RF Generation's Ultimate Sharpshooter and receive the ultimate prize.  

*NO SCORES WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR GAMES PLAYED OUT OF TURN UNTIL THE BATTLE ROYALE BEGINS ON 12/25. FOR EXAMPLE, YOU CAN ONLY SUBMIT ATTACK OF THE MOVIES 3D SCORES DURING THE FIRST 9 DAY PERIOD, GHOST SQUAD SCORES DURING THE SECOND 9 DAY PERIOD, AND SO ON. SCORES ACCUMULATED DURING THESE THREE 9 DAY PERIODS WILL GO TOWARD YOUR FINAL TOTAL, BUT OF COURSE, YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO IMPROVE YOUR SCORES DURING THE 4 DAYS OF THE BATTLE ROYALE. DURING THE BATTLE ROYAL, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO IMPROVE YOUR SCORES, WHICH MEANS YOU HAVE TO HAVE PLAYED THE GAMES ALREADY IN THE PREVIOUS WEEKS. NO "NEW" PARTICIPANTS SCORES WILL BE ALLOWED, ONLY IMPROVED SCORES FROM PRIOR WEEK PARTICIPANTS.

IN THE SPIRIT OF KEEPING THE CONTEST FAIR, WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE PLAY ALL GAMES ON THEIR NORMAL SETTING OR WHATEVER SETTING THE GAME STARTS UP WITH, AND THAT YOU DO NOT USE ANY CODES, ENHANCEMENT DEVICES, OR RAPID FIRE CONTROLLERS/DONGLES. IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERNS ABOUT DEVICES OR OTHER AIDS YOU ARE CONSIDERING USING DURING THIS COMPETITION, PLEASE POST TO THE FORUM OR SEND US A PM AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO PROVIDE A SOLUTION FOR YOU. THANKS.

PLEASE ABIDE BY THE HONOR SYSTEM WHEN POSTING SCORES. ALSO, DO NOT USE SAVE POINTS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE IF YOU ARE PLAYING ONE OF THE MODERN CONSOLE VERSIONS OR ON ANY CONSOLE WITH A SAVE FEATURE. COMPETITION HERE IS ENJOYABLE AND WE HAVE A VERY TRUSTWORTHY COMMUNITY, SO LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES, DO NOT POST THEM ON THE THREAD, SEND ONE OF THE HOSTS A DIRECT PM. THANK YOU.

**Contest rules subject to change or be added to prior to December 1st. If you have any suggestions for rules or restrictions, please contact singlebanana via PM. Photos of high scores are required and fun pics of you playing with a friend(s) are highly encouraged. Further questions concerning these rules should be directed to singlebanana or GrayGhost81.**

PRIZES:

A really sweet a%* prize (TBD) to display on your shelf, mantle, gameroom, or kitchen table will be awarded to the month's top marksman. The winner will also receive the title of: 2019 RFGen Ultimate Sharpshooter added to his/her forum avatar.

SCORES:

Attack of the Movies 3D (December 1st - 9th)

MetalFRO - 220,100  ( 10 )
douglie007 - 101,700  ( 9 )
singlebanana - 55,650  ( 8 )

Ghost Squad (December 10th - 18th)

douglie007 - 482,277 (10)
singlebanana - 249,798 (9)
MetalFRO - 55,970 (Cool

House of the Dead 3 (December 19th - 27th)

Overall Point Standings:

douglie007 - 19
MetalFRO - 18
singlebanana - 17
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 06:26:55 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 02:48:12 PM »

Sounds fun.  I'm in.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 07:46:50 AM »

I'm in too

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 09:12:41 AM »

I already have 2 of the 3 games, just need Attack of the Movies 3-D. I'm in Cheesy

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 12:44:53 PM »

I already have 2 of the 3 games, just need Attack of the Movies 3-D. I'm in Cheesy

An easy $5 grab FRO.  If anyone is looking for any of these games, let me know.  I can usually find them pretty easily locally.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 10:25:05 PM »

I知 getting everything together right now and I should be ready to go come December. I知 in!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 08:08:59 AM »

I'll join of course.. shoot you would be sad if I didn't!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2019, 10:20:06 AM »

I picked up the games I needed, no art but it they were 2.99 each at game stop

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 08:41:58 PM »

I'm going to try to do this one as well!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 04:05:52 PM »

Rules are up!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 04:40:23 PM »

Time to get started ladies and gents!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 12:16:08 PM »

Time to get started ladies and gents!
Cool, fyi you never added me to the list of players

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 12:57:54 AM »

Throwing the gauntlet down now, though it's a rather limp throw. Best of the night for me on Attack of the Movies 3-D, on Normal difficulty.

* Attack 3D 1st score.jpg (352.32 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 319 times.)

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 07:22:35 AM »

I知 unfortunately going to have to bow out on this one. I知 planning a move this month and I don稚 think I値l have enough time.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 11:12:45 AM »

Where is the high score board? On the game after you finish a level?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length