RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:02:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Official 2019 NOT-So-Secret Santa thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Official 2019 NOT-So-Secret Santa thread!  (Read 11409 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: November 02, 2019, 03:58:25 PM »

UPDATE 11/16/2019: This year's NSSS is now up, and there are three items left as of this posting.

Check it out at http://www.rfgeneration.c...-Santa-Give-Away-4040.php

UPDATE: If you're looking for the official 2019 RF Generation Secret Santa event, head on over to:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...rum/index.php?topic=19222

This is a whole 'nother thing altogether.

-------

In two weeks, the ninth incarnation of the dreaded NOT-So-Secret-Santa Give-Away will commence! It's set to drop on Saturday, November 16th at 5 A.M. US Pacific Coast time-- unless it screws up again, like it has done EVERY SINGLE FREAKING YEAR!  grrr

ANYway, this year I offer... well, let's just say, several goodies for y'all.

Just remember the rules:

-   Just one selection per person.

-   The first person to claim the item gets it. First come, first served.

How to make your claim:

-   Go to the 2019 NOT-So-Secret Santa blog when it posts (hopefully) on Saturday, November 16th at 5 A.M. US Pacific Coast time...

-   Take note of the number of the item/lot you desire, and...

-   Post that number in the Not-So-Secret-Santa blog's comments section. You'd do well to post it on this thread, too, just in case.

All RF Generation members from anywhere in the world are welcome to take advantage. Just be aware that, that unless otherwise noted, all games being given away are NTSC U/C coded for use in machines for the North American market.

As for shipping costs: I'm covering it. Just note that I'll be mailing this stuff out using the cheapest shipping methods possible, so it might be a while before your claim gets to you. You'll receive a PM informing you of your successful claim, and either requesting your mailing address, or confirming the one I have on file.

BTW I was originally going to make this year's NSSS into a drive to help rebuild LeeJ07's video game collection, which was almost completely lost in a house fire less than two months ago. However, I sorely underestimated the initiative of this amazing online community, as OPERATION: RESET was established not even two weeks after the disaster! If you haven't already done so, I highly encourage you all to give your fellow RF Gentleman a little holiday cheer in a really trying time!

Just head on over to...

http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=19199.0

...to become a part of OPERATION: RESET! Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for your attention, happy holidays, and... ummmm... what's that thing MetalFRO likes to say at the end of his videos? Oh yeah, GAME ON!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 04:25:55 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 04:38:14 PM »

Will we still have the gift exchange?

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 05:36:49 PM »

Hey now,

Will we still have the gift exchange?

You might be thinking of the actual RF Generation Secret Santa, which is something entirely different from this event.  They usually announce it after the first week of November every year, so you should see something about it in the next few days.
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 08:48:54 PM »

I look forward to your generosity again this year. I may be up at 5 AM even, but thats still about 2 weeks away so we will see if I remember. I still have the Vault 111 luggage badge from last year, it sits on a shelf above my computer. It reminds me of this place as much as it reminds me of the game when I see it.

leej07
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 03:36:41 PM »

Looking forward to this. Sadly, that lovely Dreamcast I claimed from your giveaway about four years ago was destroyed in the fire.

Have you played Atari today?

Sega does what Nintendon't.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" - Smash T.V.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 11:35:01 PM »

Looking forward to the offering of gewgaws and baubles and what I can claim.

Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 04:42:47 PM »

In two weeks, the ninth incarnation of the dreaded NOT-So-Secret-Santa Give-Away will commence! It's set to drop on Saturday, November 16th at 5 A.M. US Pacific Coast time-- unless it screws up again, like it has done EVERY SINGLE FREAKING YEAR!  grrr

As an East Coaster, those screw ups have been a real boon to me.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 10:40:37 PM »

All right, the blog has been submitted, and is set to go live at 5:00 AM tomorrow morning! Well, it's set to go live at that time, anyway. Whether or not it actually does, who even knows...
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 02:22:37 AM »

Whoopsie, the blog suffered a false start. Fortunately, a fellow RF Gentleman brought it to my attention, and even told me the problem. Looks like I forgot to enter the current year for the programmed release of the danged thing! Talk about embarrassing. Fortunately, I corrected the oversight, and the blog should post on the scheduled date and time...

...SHOULD.

ANYway, my apologies for the inconvenience. BTW it was up long enough that one claim has already been made, which is for the very first item on the list of goodies. As of this writing, item #s 2 and onward are still up for grabs...
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 02:53:12 AM »

I missed the false start?  I'm slipping.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 04:28:03 PM »

HEY NOW! This year's NSSS is now up, and there are three items left as of this posting.

Check it out at http://www.rfgeneration.c...-Santa-Give-Away-4040.php
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2019, 02:21:07 PM »

Got my claim.  I appreciated that it was packed in a garbage bag.  It brought back good memories of the Barbie PS1 controller in the biohazard bag.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2019, 12:45:12 PM »

My claim came in too. Thanks again Zagnorch for hosting NSSS!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2019, 01:23:54 PM »

Mine came, too!  Thanks again!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2019, 01:27:23 PM »

Got mine, Thanks Zag.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length