RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:56:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Shmup Club January 2020 Game & Year-Long Scoring Competition - Ketsui! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Shmup Club January 2020 Game & Year-Long Scoring Competition - Ketsui!  (Read 29145 times)
zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 10:17:46 AM »

Made it to stage 1-4 for the first time yesterday. I felt like i'm playing a little too aggressive without knowing the stages and patterns good enough, so i allowed myself to throw some bombs and play a little more laid back, which worked out good for survival but cost me some of them precious 5-chips.
Anyway got a new PB. Smiley

Arcade

Also managed to break the 200mil in Deathtiny Arrange.

And i played a first score for Super Easy mode:

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 12:02:10 PM »

Great stuff, zoydo! Glad to see you digging into this one. I didn't get much time to play over the weekend, due to various things, but I'm hoping to dive in this week a lot more.

kz_the_kusoplayer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2020, 01:14:12 AM »

Stage 3 is still the gatekeeper.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2020, 11:36:25 AM »

Is that a straight run, from stage 1 through to 3?

kz_the_kusoplayer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2020, 12:25:34 PM »

Is that a straight run, from stage 1 through to 3?

Yes.
zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2020, 04:14:53 AM »

@kz_the_kusoplayer: hi, good job man! Smiley

Yesterday i had a pretty good and clean run until right before the stage 3 midboss. Got hit, lost my groove and immediately got hit again, got nervous and screwed the rest of stage 3 completely. Still made it to the boss and got a new PB (Arcade).

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 08:13:52 AM by zoydo » Logged

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2020, 03:40:01 PM »

Nice work, zoydo! I started last night with some serious grinding in Stage 1. I changed the mapping of some buttons on the PS4 pad, so I could have Pause and Reset configured, so I'm trying to hardcore learn the routes in Stage 1 so I can no-miss, no-bomb that semi consistently. Once I'm comfortable with that, I plan to savestate and move on to stage 2. I really want to get to where I know the stages well before I move on. I might not have the best route or technique for scoring yet, but I think this method will help me to know and understand the flow for each level a lot better. My best score in a full run so far is 12.7 million, which puts me just shortly after the stage 2 midboss. I'll post a photo later, when I can improve upon that in a full run.

kz_the_kusoplayer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2020, 03:39:47 AM »

Every time I finish Ketsui stage 1 it's nerve wracking.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 03:41:49 AM by kz_the_kusoplayer » Logged
zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2020, 05:54:39 AM »

Score update.

Arcade Mode:

Not my best run for stage 1 and 2. Lost one life in stage 1 and started bombing in mid stage 2 already. Still made it to the stage 4 midboss and crossed 40mil. for the first time.

Deathtiny Arrange:

@kz_the_kusoplayer: same here. Whenerver i have a clean finish of stage 1 i start getting nervous at the beginning of stage 2. It's even worse after finishing stage 2 without losing life. That's when stage 3 destroys my nerves completely. I think i had my best takes on stage 3 when i already screwed somewhere in stage 1 or 2 and wasn't expecting anything from playing on. Cheesy

@MetalFro: thanks! I strongly recommend the "Arcade Challenge" mode for practicing. It's a nice alternative to the savestate method and it let's you change the difficulty of the sections you want to practice. So you can learn every "section" of the stage properly and then learn the stage as a whole.

TOB
kz_the_kusoplayer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2020, 10:05:06 PM »

Stage 1 PB!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2020, 09:50:12 AM »

Wow! Great job, KZ! I think the most I've managed to eek out of Stage 1 was 10 million, and that was a miracle. Most of the time I'm in the upper 6 million range when I get to the boss, and end up somewhere around 7-8 million when defeating it. I definitely need to watch some more videos, and see what boss strats I can pick up on.

Dingo
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2020, 10:29:47 PM »

Ok. I will join in on the fun cause why not. I've played very little so this will give me some incentive to put in a bit more time.

"M.e. I eat dust."
Instagram: www.instagram.com/andrewoxt

Twitch: twitch.tv/dingo__
kz_the_kusoplayer
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2020, 11:05:24 PM »

Wow! Great job, KZ! I think the most I've managed to eek out of Stage 1 was 10 million, and that was a miracle. Most of the time I'm in the upper 6 million range when I get to the boss, and end up somewhere around 7-8 million when defeating it. I definitely need to watch some more videos, and see what boss strats I can pick up on.

Most of the time high scoring stage 1's will try to do some boss milk. You can milk the heli's side pods and time their destruction to get 5chips off the missiles it shoots out.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2020, 09:22:49 AM »

Welcome aboard, Dingo!

Regarding the boss milk, I initially tried some of that, but was having trouble with the boss. Now that I have better command of the game, and a better understanding of the boss, it might be worth revisiting, to try and maximize my scoring in stage 1.

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 11:13:07 AM »

@kz_the_kusoplayer: that's a pretty awesome stage 1 score! I'm usually around 11mil. Really need to start learning to milk the boss.

TOB
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length