RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 19, 2020, 03:01:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February 2020 Playthrough - South Park: The Stick of Truth 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: February 2020 Playthrough - South Park: The Stick of Truth  (Read 2177 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 01:03:50 PM »

I started the game this week and in two evenings, I made it through the school battle between the Humans and the Elves. Maybe not that impressive to some of you, but I've already put a ton of hours (over 10)  into the game. I find myself doing more exploring at this point than finishing quests, which I don't mind at all.  I think it says a lot about the world they created here and that you get so much out of a town that isn't nearly as vast as most open world games. I remember seeing the South Park pilot (Jesus vs. Santa) during my Junior year of college and I followed the show for about 2 seasons until it sort of faded into the background for me. However, I still get all of the references and characters from the show and really love how it feels more of like a long episode of the show than a game. 

Al Gore........ yeah that f&$ker will not stop blowing me up on social media at the moment.....

Really enjoying my time with this game so far and have had many laugh out loud moments.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen Retro Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, and Microvision sets!, 12 for 7800, 25 for 5200, and 44 for Colecovision.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 05:23:01 PM »

I just beat Fractured But Whole. Man am I gonna have fun writing this review.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
shaggy
RFG Junkie
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2020, 08:42:54 PM »

The game definitely picks up after going through the whole town.  This game reminds me of a full fledged interactive South Park movie.  it is so funny.  I cannot beat Al Gore!  Any advice?

NES cart only collection - 69% complete.
SMS complete collection - 80% complete.
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2020, 12:49:22 AM »

Buffs and debuffs are your friends. Focus on his secret service guards first, use patches that bolster your attack and defense and try to debuff them as much as you can. Took me several tries but eventually he'll go down.

Mr_Stubbes
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats

Champion of

More>>
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2020, 08:46:48 AM »

Buffs and debuffs are your friends. Focus on his secret service guards first, use patches that bolster your attack and defense and try to debuff them as much as you can. Took me several tries but eventually he'll go down.

Yes they definitely are. I really like the speed boost items that let you attack twice. I found that one very helpful when fighting Al Gore due to his health regeneration.

At about 6.5 hours in I am starting the underpants gnome quest. Ive run around and done some of the side quests so I can boost my friends list and unlock more abilities. Like others I really enjoy walking around town and just exploring. There are so many hilarious references from the television series itís honestly just fun to see what all I can find and remember.

Mr_Stubbes
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats

Champion of

More>>
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 12:14:13 PM »

So I've put even more time into this game these past couple mornings and I think I'm nearing the end game, as far as the main story goes. I've had a lot of fun playing through this one so much I think I'm going to go right into The Fractured but Whole.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length