RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:53:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | February 2020 Playthrough - South Park: The Stick of Truth 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: February 2020 Playthrough - South Park: The Stick of Truth  (Read 12991 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 01:03:50 PM »

I started the game this week and in two evenings, I made it through the school battle between the Humans and the Elves. Maybe not that impressive to some of you, but I've already put a ton of hours (over 10)  into the game. I find myself doing more exploring at this point than finishing quests, which I don't mind at all.  I think it says a lot about the world they created here and that you get so much out of a town that isn't nearly as vast as most open world games. I remember seeing the South Park pilot (Jesus vs. Santa) during my Junior year of college and I followed the show for about 2 seasons until it sort of faded into the background for me. However, I still get all of the references and characters from the show and really love how it feels more of like a long episode of the show than a game. 

Al Gore........ yeah that f&$ker will not stop blowing me up on social media at the moment.....

Really enjoying my time with this game so far and have had many laugh out loud moments.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 05:23:01 PM »

I just beat Fractured But Whole. Man am I gonna have fun writing this review.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2020, 08:42:54 PM »

The game definitely picks up after going through the whole town.  This game reminds me of a full fledged interactive South Park movie.  it is so funny.  I cannot beat Al Gore!  Any advice?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2020, 12:49:22 AM »

Buffs and debuffs are your friends. Focus on his secret service guards first, use patches that bolster your attack and defense and try to debuff them as much as you can. Took me several tries but eventually he'll go down.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2020, 08:46:48 AM »

Buffs and debuffs are your friends. Focus on his secret service guards first, use patches that bolster your attack and defense and try to debuff them as much as you can. Took me several tries but eventually he'll go down.

Yes they definitely are. I really like the speed boost items that let you attack twice. I found that one very helpful when fighting Al Gore due to his health regeneration.

At about 6.5 hours in I am starting the underpants gnome quest. Ive run around and done some of the side quests so I can boost my friends list and unlock more abilities. Like others I really enjoy walking around town and just exploring. There are so many hilarious references from the television series it’s honestly just fun to see what all I can find and remember.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »

So I've put even more time into this game these past couple mornings and I think I'm nearing the end game, as far as the main story goes. I've had a lot of fun playing through this one so much I think I'm going to go right into The Fractured but Whole.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2020, 01:20:19 PM »

Yes they definitely are. I really like the speed boost items that let you attack twice. I found that one very helpful when fighting Al Gore due to his health regeneration.

At about 6.5 hours in I am starting the underpants gnome quest. Ive run around and done some of the side quests so I can boost my friends list and unlock more abilities. Like others I really enjoy walking around town and just exploring. There are so many hilarious references from the television series it’s honestly just fun to see what all I can find and remember.

I don't think I found the Speed Boost patch yet but I did finally end up beating Al Gore after I stocked up on patches that raised my PP and used my PP powers for most of the battle.  I just got to the part where the Nazi Zombie was released.  This game is so funny.  I love it!

SMS set complete!
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2020, 09:27:46 AM »

I know its late in the month to join but Stick of Truth is $3 on Steam this weekend, Fractured But Whole is $5 and the 2 pack is $7

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2020, 04:33:37 PM »

I know its late in the month to join but Stick of Truth is $3 on Steam this weekend, Fractured But Whole is $5 and the 2 pack is $7

I think one could get through the game in a week.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2020, 06:06:47 PM »

I think one could get through the game in a week.

Definitely. I was able to finish in about 9.5 hours and that was with a some exploration and side quests.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2020, 09:51:57 PM »

I just beat the underpants gnome part.  That Warlock battle was hilarious.  I love this game.  It's so funny.

SMS set complete!
Degenx
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2020, 02:54:36 PM »

After some slight distractions in the middle of the month, due to a constipated cat, I finished this game last night.

The game absolutely nailed the feeling like a South Park episode. The humor was spot on and had lots of references that long time fans would appreciate.

The game itself was great, if not a bit on the easy side. I rarely spent money and just buy looting everything, I was pretty well stocked on consumables and weapons. Was I perfectly min maxed? I'm sure I wasn't. But at no point, did I feel like I needed to grind up in strength before tackling a boss. I played as the Jew class and by the end of the game, I had stacked by patches and strap-ons in a manner, that when I would use the Plagues special ability, I would regenerate enough PP to use it again. At that point, I would just Plague, Plague, Plague, and didn't really see a reason to use any other attack.

I didn't finish all the side quest during my first run, so it's appreciated that after completing the main story, you can go back and complete all the side quest if you want to 100% everything.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing this game, but I'm really wondering about the replay ability though. The only reason for playing about would be to see what changes when you hit the choice between siding with Cartman or Kyle; (I chose Cartman on my play through) or to try the other classes. For me, I'm not sure there is enough difference in classes to warrant a 2nd play though.

Overall, if you a fan of South Park or that style humor, this is a definite play. As a simple RPG the game was an enjoyable but nothing amazing. What makes this game is the South Park Theme. Throw the game mechanics in a generic fantasy setting, and the game is middle of the road. Those mechanics mixed with South Park is what put this game over the top as something you must play.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2020, 08:14:54 AM »

Well, I beat this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.  It's humor is top notch.  I'm going to play it again and try to get all the trophies.  I'm hoping I can breeze through it now that I know what to do.

SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length