RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:23:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April 2020 Shmup Club - Steel Vampire 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: April 2020 Shmup Club - Steel Vampire  (Read 9334 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« on: March 09, 2020, 03:54:23 PM »

The Japanese shooting game scene has long been plentiful with doujin titles. Single developers, or small studios, lovingly craft games they care about, often for little or no profit. One of the more unknown doujin developers is Akiragoya. That may be due to the fact that most of his games, like Galshell, or the Yakouga series of shooters, were released only in Japan, and are of a more "adult" nature, often with nudity, body horror, and grotesque designs inspired by the likes of famed German artist H.R. Giger. To date, only two of Akiragoya's games have come to the West officially, and commercially. One of those is the more traditional shooting game, Steel Vampire.

Five hundred years have passed since the last war. Humanity has succeeded in eliminating all forms of war, disease, and poverty, bringing about an era of perpetual peace. However, calamity soon strikes! The sudden arrival of flying objects known as Steel Vampires threaten the entirety of mankind's existence. On the brink of extinction, the fate of mankind has been left to a single person; a man deemed far too dangerous to sustain humanity's serenity. He was cryogenically frozen--his existence nearly erased from history. His name is... Yoshino Sakurajima.
Join the RF Generation Shmup Club in April 2020, as we play Steel Vampire, available on Steam!

Participants:
MetalFRO
Addicted
SaturdayDevelopment
zoydo
Smakificator
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 10:50:58 PM by MetalFRO » Logged

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 07:57:48 AM »

Steel Vampire? 🤔

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 08:18:58 AM »

Indeed it is!

SaturdayDevelopment
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 11:25:28 AM »

Looks good, I'm in.
zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 01:09:09 PM »

Cool, got it on Steam. Haven't played it too much yet, so that's a good opportunity to give it a closer look. I'm in. 👍🏼

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 08:43:57 AM »

Welcome back to both of you!

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2020, 05:45:39 AM »

Did a few runs during the last days. I played mostly for survival and kept the rank moderate in the later stages, so i got a clear in Very Hard for the first time yesterday.

Also played the Extra Genocide mode (It's unlocked when you finish the game on Very Hard and has 5 Loops). Made it to stage 1 midboss of the third loop (1-13 / 3-1).

This is a lot of fun!

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 02:45:40 PM »

Great job on the clear, zoydo! Does Very Hard have more than 1 loop? I assumed so, because of the 1-# format of the stage numbering, but maybe not? I've managed to make it to stage 5 so far, and nearly made it to the end of 5 last night. I'll have to drop my photo in a bit later, when I can get it downloaded off my phone.

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2020, 05:57:35 AM »

Thanks. Smiley
I don't think Very Hard has more than one loop. I checked the online leaderboards and they're all 1-All in every mode. Even Genocide Extra which has 5 loops  says 1-13 instead of 3-1 on the leaderboard.....makes no sense to me.

TOB
Smakificator
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2020, 09:49:53 PM »

Greetings Earth Humans!   I'm joining in this month officially for the first time.   I've been watching Shmup players on Twitch for a long time.   And watching the Shump club plays by 'Fro for several months.   Usually I dont' have a chance of getting a decent score.  But Steel Vampire is a different beast.   There's a decent chance I can compete.   Here's my scores so far.  Game on!   

* 2020-04-05 SV.JPG (126.06 KB, 1210x468 - viewed 363 times.)
Smakificator
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 09:50:39 PM »

Update:   Zoydo you da man.   Nice scoring there.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2020, 11:26:36 PM »

I managed to clear Steel Vampire tonight, on the default Very Hard difficulty!

* Steel Vampire_Very Hard clear 01_small.jpg (402.57 KB, 1008x756 - viewed 370 times.)

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2020, 09:02:22 AM »

@Smakifikator: thanks and welcome to the club. Smiley
 Good job so far, keep pushing.💪🏼

@MetalFro: congrats on the clear. 👍🏻

I reached Stage 5 of the third Loop in Genocide Extra yesterday.
Still trying to improve in "Genocide Hard", Stage 1-4 is the best i could do so far.

TOB
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2020, 02:23:56 PM »

Smakificator - Please forgive me, I forgot to officially welcome you!

zoydo - there's quite a divide between your Very Hard score, and my own. What are you doing, from a score perspective, as you run through the game? Anything in particular you would recommend?

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2020, 03:22:28 PM »

I'm still figuring out what's  good for scoring. At the moment i try to play stages 1-3 on a high rank, but not too high so that i still can dodge and don't get hit too much so i can keep my medal chain. In stage 4 i try too keep the rank moderate for the same reason. In stage 5 my rank and medal chain usually drop in the speed trap section. So i try to keep it up as good as possible and build it up at the boss battles again. In stage 6 i try to play on full rank and point blank all enemies. I also try to destroy the different Parts of the bosses and bigger enemies to get more medals and bonus points. But this becomes more difficult the stronger your weapons get, because you literally nuke them away.

TOB
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length