RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:05:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | May 2020 Playthrough - Darksiders: Genesis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: May 2020 Playthrough - Darksiders: Genesis  (Read 8554 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 08:47:44 AM »

Finished Chapter 4 last night.

I am enjoying the game, especially following CONTROL. This game, by comparison, is breezy fun.

I'm playing on the Switch, and though it looks great for a Switch game, this is the first time I've ever had a game crash to the home screen on Switch. It's just as well because it was in that foundry part and you get an achievement if you do it without dying. I had died, but the crash meant I had to start over so I got the achievement.

What is kind of great about this game is playing in single player I feel like I am using both characters equally. Usually I would just lean on the War type bruiser and mash my way through things, but I'm changing back and forth strategically and it's a lot of fun. It can be challenging because both of them have their own control schemes but it's close enough.

So far I've played all the missions on the Normal difficulty, and the only thing slowing me down is the puzzles, because I'm an idiot.

Good stuff in general and I enjoy this genre a lot.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2020, 07:55:20 PM »

Finished Chapter 4 last night.

I'm playing on the Switch

I also am playing on the switch, and I am starting to warm up to the game, it's fun and easy to pickup and play for a bit.  Also if you want to play online together sometimes let me know! I think we are friends on the switch.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2020, 05:52:49 PM »

Finished chapter 7 today. What a beast. It took me three days to get through it.

I'm enjoying the game, but maybe it's longer than I thought it would be. I hope I can finish it!

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 08:03:18 AM »

Got stuck on Chapter 9, which is a pretty killer boss fight, and had to relent and lower the difficulty to casual. Next chapter is also a boss fight, so all of a sudden I'm about to begin Chapter 11 and feeling better about getting this game done in time, especially with the upcoming three day weekend here in the states.

How is everyone else doing?

We will have the head writer of the game on the podcast for this one. He was involved in many aspects of the game's development beyond just the writing so if you have any questions about the making of the game, ask them here and we'll discuss with him on the show.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 11:56:12 AM »

Just finished Chapter 3 last night. Gotta say that boss was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier than the Chapter 2 boss.  Took im down on the first try.  Having fun with the game so far.  I think that the platforming is pretty well done.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2020, 09:03:26 AM »

I have been enjoying this game somewhat, off and on. The game isn’t hooking me in like I had hoped. I’m on Chapter 3. Glad I tried it out.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2020, 08:00:00 PM »

This was a good game... just got to addicted to animal crossing to finish it lol. I got the the 6th stage.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length