RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:41:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | September 2020 Playthrough - Gears of War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: September 2020 Playthrough - Gears of War  (Read 13197 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: August 08, 2020, 07:26:45 PM »

PARTICIPANTS:
singlebanana
GrayGhost81
NeoMagicWarrior
shaggy
Mr_Stubbes
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 02:21:04 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 08:05:21 PM »

Well I know my guess is wrong, but its NFS Shift.  Or James Bond 007 racing both shifting and under cover

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 09:19:06 AM »

Well I know my guess is wrong, but its NFS Shift.  Or James Bond 007 racing both shifting and under cover

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 09:59:47 AM »

I have the Gears of war ultimate edition/rare replay compilation on Xbox One, is that GoW a remake of the original?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 10:26:19 AM »

I have the Gears of war ultimate edition/rare replay compilation on Xbox One, is that GoW a remake of the original?

Same game, better graphics and a few small QoL enhancements.

For a change, I might actually have enough time/familiarity with a playcast game to participate xD

For anyone just wanting to get through this one, just set it to easy/normal. It's a pretty quick playthrough on its own. HIGHLY suggest finding a buddy and playing through together if you can. ..it's much more enjoyable as a co-op experience.

Always looking for more Xbox Live Friends!!!!
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 12:23:03 PM »

I'm in on this one. I vaguely remember playing this on co-op with a buddy of mine when it first came out.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 06:41:55 PM »

I'm tentatively in for this. I've had all of the 360 Gears games for a while now, but just haven't played them. This is a good excuse to at least dip my toe into the proverbial waters.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 07:46:34 AM »

Same game, better graphics and a few small QoL enhancements.

For a change, I might actually have enough time/familiarity with a playcast game to participate xD

For anyone just wanting to get through this one, just set it to easy/normal. It's a pretty quick playthrough on its own. HIGHLY suggest finding a buddy and playing through together if you can. ..it's much more enjoyable as a co-op experience.

Great, I'll give it a whirl.

SMS set complete!
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 08:55:26 AM »

I've been wanting to try out this series for a while, seems like a good time to do it.
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 09:22:12 AM »

I'm in I've never played it.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 08:31:22 AM »

This game also has online coop if people wanted to play together!

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2020, 10:53:04 AM »

So I've actually already beaten the game. As Neo mentioned earlier, the campaign can be beaten fairly quickly. I'll post my thoughts on it as the playthrough progresses to avoid spoilers for those who have never played. Since I have the whole month I may try to do what I did with Fable and play all of the games.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 09:13:58 PM »

Well, I had an hour and a half before work this morning so I was going to start this game.  The system had an update and the game had an update.  Needless to say, I had to start work and it still wasn't finished.  I hate modern gaming.  I just want to play my game.

SMS set complete!
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 07:34:27 AM »

As of this morning I have finished the first three games along with the prequel Gears of War Judgment. I just started the fourth game this morning and shouldn’t have any trouble beating them all before the months end. I won’t go into to much detail right now but it’s been really interesting playing through all these games to see how the story and the games themselves have progressed with each title.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 08:16:05 AM by Mr_Stubbes » Logged

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 10:41:12 AM »

I started this last night on the Xbox One and boy, this game is gorgeous!  I like how frequent the checkpoints are seeing I have to kids that need to go to bed before I can play and I don't have much time on my hands.

SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length