RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:07:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October 2020 Shmup Club - Darius Twin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: October 2020 Shmup Club - Darius Twin  (Read 10480 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2020, 04:40:03 PM »

I promise I plan on playing some this month, but my sd2snes died.  So I have to go through my snes games, they are not in order and I haven't had time to search the pile.

Sorry to hear about your sd2snes, that's a bummer. If you do manage to find the cart, let us know.

Corkman
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2020, 08:26:32 PM »

Very nice! I'm not sure about the weapon change power-up, and how many points it offers, I haven't watched the score. I might have to check last night's run, and see if that shows. But that's probably not a big enough gain to make a huge difference. I've found that milking points from destructible boss projectiles helps, as is making sure you're taking out every last popcorn enemy. The more aggressive you are, it seems like there are extra enemy waves that you can have the game spawn, which gives you even more opportunity to score points. So it seems like every stage has between 1 & 3 additional enemy waves you can potentially spawn, if you take stuff out quickly. That's been my observation, at least. As you know, that stupid crab miniboss is still the thorn in my side, but I'm close!

Oh, that makes sense. I was unknowingly milking the bosses because I didn't have a good strategy against them in the earlier runs. I know I killed a lot of those little turtles on that turtle boss. I also didn't kill the seahorse boss really quick either.

Do not pursue Lu Bu!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2020, 11:50:38 PM »

I finally managed to get the top-path 1CC!

* Darius Twin 04_small.jpg (252.72 KB, 1008x756 - viewed 245 times.)

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2020, 06:02:43 PM »

Found it and got some scores. Best I could do today.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2020, 11:03:36 AM »

Nice! The main thing with this game is memorizing enemy waves, so you can anticipate where to be on screen, and be able to not get run into by enemies. There's not much in the way of bullets from most things, so learning the various waves and formations will go a long way to allowing you to progress quickly.

I made a save state on the PS4 version just prior to Zone H, so I could do some practicing. There's no sure fire way (that I've found so far) to cheese out the boss in Zone H, so between that being the hardest level in the game, that boss is also a bit tricky. It requires WAY more dexterity and quick response than anything the game throws at you before that. Not sure I'll get another clear with H before the end of the month, but for those looking for a challenge in the game, definitely execute a path with H in the mix.

zoydo
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2020, 01:55:13 PM »

@MetalFRO: Good job, congrats on the clear! Smiley

TOB
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2020, 02:26:23 PM »

First time braking a million! Trying to get them memorization down, but no save states to practice. I'm very happy with that score.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2020, 09:44:45 PM »

Excellent score, douglie! 1 million is probably the first big hurdle in the game, followed by about the middle zone, due to the crab mini-boss. Great job, sir!

Anyone have any final thoughts they want to add, as we close out the month with this game?

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length