RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:25:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | Playcast Episode #80 -- Bioshock 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Playcast Episode #80 -- Bioshock 2  (Read 8466 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: January 22, 2021, 01:45:14 PM »

Bioshock 2!  DISCUSS

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 05:21:18 PM »

Finally! Will have to grab the ep and put it in my download queue. I'm behind on other podcasts, but this will move to the front of the line.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 07:21:38 PM »

Nice, I've been waiting for this!  Because of playing this MetalFro and I decided to play Bioshock Infinite.  I loved this game!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2021, 08:55:23 PM »

Nice, I've been waiting for this!  Because of playing this MetalFro and I decided to play Bioshock Infinite.  I loved this game!

Awesome guys!  A big shoutout to you guys on the Discord.  Only took us 6 years to find you.... DOH!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 08:54:11 AM »

Finally! Will have to grab the ep and put it in my download queue. I'm behind on other podcasts, but this will move to the front of the line.

Same with me, several podcasts I'm behind on put this will jump to the front.  Has it released yet?  I'm not seeing it on my end.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 09:29:03 AM »

Figured out my error.

Same with me, several podcasts I'm behind on put this will jump to the front.  Has it released yet?  I'm not seeing it on my end.

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2021, 11:53:14 AM »

Oh man, nice shout out for DGC Rarities and No Alternative.  I bought these back in the early 90's and still own them.  The only reason I bought them was for the Nirvana tunes which is a hidden track on No Alternative.

SMS set complete!
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2021, 12:37:40 PM »

Oh man, nice shout out for DGC Rarities and No Alternative.  I bought these back in the early 90's and still own them.  The only reason I bought them was for the Nirvana tunes which is a hidden track on No Alternative.

Hell yeah, man! I was a huge Nirvana fanatic as a teenager. Had to have every single song they every recorded. I had quite the collection.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2021, 03:53:39 PM »

Hell yeah, man! I was a huge Nirvana fanatic as a teenager. Had to have every single song they every recorded. I had quite the collection.

I still have all mine.  I had to get the single collection so I could have all there unreleased songs.  So good!

SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 09:38:55 AM »

I never got obsessive about collecting Nirvana stuff, but the drummer from my first band in high school was a HUGE fan, and tried to get as much Nirvana stuff as he could get his hands on. I mostly stuck to the albums, and a few things like Unplugged or Muddy Banks, etc.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2021, 12:18:45 PM »

Rich doesn't like Army of Darkness? You wound me, sir. I like that one the best of the 3 movies. Never cared for the original, so I'm with you there. I think it's too self-serious, and feels like it's trying to be gory just for the sake of it, rather than doing anything interesting with it. I need to go back and rewatch Evil Dead 2 again, though, because it's been a while, and maybe I would have a renewed perspective on it.

I'm with you on SMB2 US, Shawn. That one has always been a sentimental favorite, even though I would tend to agree that SMB3 is the objectively better game. I just think it's a fun game, and I like the change in mechanics from the 1st game. It was a refreshing change from what had already been established.

Your wife is wrong, Rich. Temple of Doom is terrible Smiley
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 12:22:50 PM by MetalFRO » Logged

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2021, 12:40:50 PM »

Rich doesn't like Army of Darkness? You wound me, sir. I like that one the best of the 3 movies. Never cared for the original, so I'm with you there. I think it's too self-serious, and feels like it's trying to be gory just for the sake of it, rather than doing anything interesting with it. I need to go back and rewatch Evil Dead 2 again, though, because it's been a while, and maybe I would have a renewed perspective on it.

I thought the same, a shot in the heart, Rich.  This is the best one out of all of them and so hilarious.  I love it! 

If you are looking for horror movies, especially B grade horror movies, look up Jason Paul Collum's movies, https://www.imdb.com/name...m0172862/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1  I believe his movies are still free with Amazon Prime.  His first movies aren't the best and he will admit that but production value does get better.  Take a peek and let me know what you think!

SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2021, 04:02:14 PM »

So here's the deal, I do not hate Army of Darkness (I might have said that in exaggeration), but of the trilogy, it's last on my list in terms of what I'd watch again.  It's not a horror film and I think that it's huge departure from genre in relation to the series is what doesn't sit well with me.  I think the first film, although gory, is a great flick.  Sam Rami's filmography is groundbreaking (so much that they named one of the shots after him) and for a "cabin in the woods" film, it's one of the best out there.  However, Evil Dead 2 is pure perfection; it takes the great horror elements of the first film and dumps in some fun, comical moments while still holding onto its horror roots.  It's the best of both worlds and for me, it's the substance between the bookends.  There's a reason that the film, High Fidelity used it instead of the other two...........  Behold, the best movie dialogue ever written. Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length