RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:52:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March 2021 Playthrough - Eternal Eyes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: March 2021 Playthrough - Eternal Eyes  (Read 24096 times)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2021, 03:18:21 PM »

Oof, I kind of forgot about this game. Obviously won't be finishing before the end of the month, but I definitely plan to keep going with it.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2021, 04:43:08 PM »

No worries I beat it twice lol.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2021, 06:13:34 AM »

No worries I beat it twice lol.

Once was definitely enough for me lol. I won't spoil anything while others continue to wrap this game up. Eternal Eyes wasn't really a good game or a bad game in my opinion, it was very much just OK. I like the idea of leveling up and evolving your puppets and that death results in the loss of evolutions and abilities learned (but not levels), it kind of creates an incentive to be somewhat strategic when entering battles. However, the evolution system can be very confusing and I feel that if we didn't have a guide at our disposal, this game would have been very frustrating, and possibly unfinishable. The combat sequences were fine. Early on when you have less evolved puppets, the battles can kind of drag as you have to fight the enemies one by one, but become too easy once you've leveled your puppets to use multi target spells. I also found the leveling system to be too simple. Each level between 1 - 99 only requires 100xp making it very easy to level up fast, especially nearing end game when you have an arsenal of OP puppets. The quick level up system also made healing items obsolete. More often than not, if I had a party member low on health, I would just attack with them and they'd level up and replenish their HP and MP. The story was fine as well, all be it a little trope-ish (i.e. an ancient evil once thought defeated has returned and an unlikely hero and his allies must stop said evil and save the world), and the character dialogue was good enough and kept everything cohesive. Graphically the game looked good for a PS1 title. I did notice some screen tearing at times but that may have been due to using a modern television. Regardless is was never bad enough where it caused issue. Overall, I don't think this game will be one that I replay often, but I may try to see if it can be beaten without fully leveled puppets that have been randomly evolved.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 06:15:50 AM by Mr_Stubbes » Logged

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2021, 09:09:59 AM »

Thanks for the final thoughts!

What platform did you play the game on? I played actual disc in a PS3 and it was crisp AF.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2021, 01:14:41 PM »

I played it on actual disc on a PS1

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2021, 03:28:45 PM »

I played it on actual disc on a PS1

Yeah, no issues with screen tearing for my and I also played on a PS1.  However, I was on a CRT.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2021, 07:26:48 PM »

I was between the real disc on the ps3 and the  psn on the psp

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length