RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:23:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March 2021 Playthrough - Eternal Eyes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: March 2021 Playthrough - Eternal Eyes  (Read 24087 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: February 10, 2021, 10:06:51 PM »

Possibly the worst jewel case cover on the PS1.  So hauntingly bad that it stares right back at you.

Participants:
grayghost81
singlebanana
Disposed Hero
Mr_Stubbes
douglie007

Checkpoints:
Week one: Chapter 1-3
Week two: Chapter 4-6
Week three: Chapter 7-9
Week four: grind, evolve, catch 'em all, finish game (Chapter 10)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 12:08:40 PM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 12:40:14 AM »

Resident Evil 2?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 01:33:51 AM »

Bust a Move 2?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 05:41:16 AM »

Eternal eyes?

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 09:08:45 AM »

I'm gonna try to play along with this next month. Oddly enough, every time I see this game I always assume that it's some kind of weird King's Field type game instead of the very colorful strategy game that it actually is. So yeah, gotta agree that the cover art is pretty bad  Tongue

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 09:13:22 AM »

I'm in on this one as well.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 10:44:47 AM »

So... still a mystery

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 10:23:24 AM »

Jumping Flash?

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 05:43:57 PM »

So... still a mystery

You are correct Douglie it is Eternal Eyes. I think Singlebanana is just a bit behind due to the Fund Drive. I'm not sure if there will be checkpoints but it won't hurt anything to start playing

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 06:37:57 PM »

Took the liberty of updating the thread title to help avoid confusion.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 04:25:46 AM »

Cool, busting out the ps1 with the screen for travel.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 09:34:28 AM »

Started playing this morning and made it to the beginning of chapter 2. I'm not going to go into too much detail about how I feel about this game so far, but I will say that it is interesting and a little bit different compared to other RPGs I've played.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 12:24:34 PM »

Hey guys!

Sorry we're late, I forgot to turn on notifications for this thread! Checkpoints are up. Thank you Steven for updating the thread.

We picked this game based on a few criteria; for an RPG on the PS1 it's cheap, short, and easy. What we didn't dive deep on was reviews. This isn't exactly a classic as far as tactical RPGs on the console, but as is our tradition, we're giving the underdog a fighting chance.

I just finished chapter 2 this morning. At the risk of biasing myself against backlash, I am enjoying the game quite a bit. Some elements of the game can be confusing, for example I didn't realize you could go back to where you were by scrolling the menu when you leave and come back to a battle area. In the forest area I did the first three battles without stopping wondering, how many will I have to do before I can go back and evolve, equip stuff, etc? So, it took me a bit to realize that really all there is to the game is fight, level up, fight, repeat.

I'm also kind of feeling the magic is just pick one and guess what happens, but I guess I'll figure this out as well.

I am loving the graphics and sound. Everything about this game screams Sega Saturn to me, despite it being (afaik) exclusive to the PS1.

This is a really nice game to play after a long day at work. Seems like it won't wear out its welcome too. Here's the Japanese cover art. Needless to say this would have been a better choice.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2021, 04:39:27 PM »

O buddy it's battle time on the big screen!

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2021, 05:51:16 PM »

I think I’m about done with Chapter 4. This game is growing on me the more time I put into it. I’m not going to lie, when I first started playing I kinda hated it. I’m not a fan of tactical RPGs and the combat felt a little sluggish. The translation at times can also feel a little off too.

I recommend you pull up a guide for this just so you can chart all of the possible evolutions, especially since there are 5 stages (lvl 1, lvl 3, lvl 8, lvl 15, and lvl 30) and the order you give the pappets/puppets jewels has to be exact. I also found that if I was lacking jewels it’s easiest to just go back to the lost forest and go through the stages until I get the jewels I needed.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 05:54:03 PM by Mr_Stubbes » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length