RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:38:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March 2021 Playthrough - Eternal Eyes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: March 2021 Playthrough - Eternal Eyes  (Read 24086 times)
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2021, 05:58:40 AM »

I'm at the same place. I don't like the fact you can only have a party of 4 on a tactical rpg, and the boards are small, but I am starting to like it more than I started out. 

Thanks for the hint, I have got my dolls upto level 20 and have not been able to evolve them past the lvl 8 one.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2021, 12:45:42 PM »

I think I知 about done with Chapter 4. This game is growing on me the more time I put into it. I知 not going to lie, when I first started playing I kinda hated it. I知 not a fan of tactical RPGs and the combat felt a little sluggish. The translation at times can also feel a little off too.

I recommend you pull up a guide for this just so you can chart all of the possible evolutions, especially since there are 5 stages (lvl 1, lvl 3, lvl 8, lvl 15, and lvl 30) and the order you give the pappets/puppets jewels has to be exact. I also found that if I was lacking jewels it痴 easiest to just go back to the lost forest and go through the stages until I get the jewels I needed.

I'm still in Chapter 2 but was having pretty similar thoughts about the game. I'm optimistic that it will grow on me and am glad to hear it has for others also. I suspected that an evolution guide would be recommended so I'll try to look something up.

But yeah, I haven't put a lot of time into this one yet but I'm not super into it. Lots of little things putting me off. Do the menus feel unresponsive for anyone else or is it just me? Could be that my controller needs replacing but I'm not having any control issues running around towns and such.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2021, 12:50:46 PM »

I haven't had any controller issues, but it is weird that triangle is the cancel button.

Can anyone link a good evolution guide? I've been doing okay just winging it but I did turn one of my guys weaker it seems.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2021, 02:26:42 PM »

I actually went ahead and finished Eternal Eyes today. I'll hold off on my complete thoughts until later this month, but I will say the game grew on me enough to want to get it done.

Here's the guide I used. https://gamefaqs.gamespot...8-eternal-eyes/faqs/23353

The evolution table can be found towards the bottom. Just a note, remember what jewel you used to transform the magical puppet, it'll determine the evolution track you can take. Also note that not all Puppets/Pappets are created equal.

Spoiler (hover to show)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 03:21:50 PM by Mr_Stubbes » Logged

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2021, 03:37:34 PM »

Man, I evolved all mine and have no idea what I used. I still only have three though so I guess as I get more I can be more focused, or let one get killed and start over, but I hate that and crazy as it sounds have been treating any puppet dying as a fail state and resetting the game when it happens.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2021, 04:55:48 PM »

Man, I evolved all mine and have no idea what I used. I still only have three though so I guess as I get more I can be more focused, or let one get killed and start over, but I hate that and crazy as it sounds have been treating any puppet dying as a fail state and resetting the game when it happens.

I honestly did the same thing not realizing what I used as the original jewel. What I would recommend, is just level what you have now to 30 and try not to use any more jewels. Then you can go back to Luke's house and go the secret room. There you can use the "Ring of Destruction" (I think that's what its called. Its a key item you get after chapter 3 or 4) on your puppets to revert them back to a magic puppet. They'll keep their level, but will lose all learned spells. (just like when they die). Then you can evolve them to the 5th evolution. Also when they're fully evolved start teaching them new spells because every spell will be able to hit all enemies at once (each spell even has an animation/FMV, kinda like summons in the final fantasy games) and your characters become very OP. Also I'm fairly certain you can only have a max party of 4 so there's no need to level other puppets after you fully evolve three of them.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 04:59:41 PM by Mr_Stubbes » Logged

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2021, 06:37:55 PM »

I honestly did the same thing not realizing what I used as the original jewel. What I would recommend, is just level what you have now to 30 and try not to use any more jewels. Then you can go back to Luke's house and go the secret room. There you can use the "Ring of Destruction" (I think that's what its called. Its a key item you get after chapter 3 or 4) on your puppets to revert them back to a magic puppet. They'll keep their level, but will lose all learned spells. (just like when they die). Then you can evolve them to the 5th evolution. Also when they're fully evolved start teaching them new spells because every spell will be able to hit all enemies at once (each spell even has an animation/FMV, kinda like summons in the final fantasy games) and your characters become very OP. Also I'm fairly certain you can only have a max party of 4 so there's no need to level other puppets after you fully evolve three of them.

Thanks, man. Things are becoming a lot more clear. I mistakenly thought when a puppet got ko'ed it went to level 1 but knowing it only loses its spells it's not a big deal really so I will no longer be treating a ko'ed puppet as a fail state.

Just finished chapter 3 so I got the S of D and a new puppet and also let my worst puppet get ko'ed so I could remake him. Think I may grind for gems so I can really tinker now before I proceed.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2021, 01:58:11 PM »

I'm I missing something?  I evolved the Bw to a Hurricane and then can it evolve to anything on the next list or just the ones near it?

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2021, 02:09:54 PM »

I'm I missing something?  I evolved the Bw to a Hurricane and then can it evolve to anything on the next list or just the ones near it?

Just the ones near it. In this case you can evolve your Bw Hurricane to a Matango with either jewels RRG or RRB. Then you can evolve it to a Kinoppi with jewels RRGW or RRBB

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2021, 04:53:44 PM »

Cool thanks!

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2021, 07:41:28 PM »

Took Stubbes advice and

Spoiler (hover to show)

I have a little tip for you guys, because I was having a ton of trouble with which direction the cursor was going to go. If you turn your controller about 30 degrees counter-clockwise, your d-pad will be oriented correctly. Sounds stupid but I still need to do it from time to time.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2021, 09:06:21 PM »

While the B.W. Is very OP now her attacks won稚 one shot everything near the end of the game, but she値l still be relatively OP, compared to other puppets you can acquire. I値l recommend you get a puppet that can deal high physical damage. There are some enemies at the end of the game that have strong Magic Defense and will take little damage regardless of how strong you are. I believe I had an R.H. Pappet.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2021, 05:13:21 AM »

Just got to chapter 7 and all my dolls are pappets. Just trying to figure out if they are going to be useful. 

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2021, 05:40:51 AM »

While the B.W. Is very OP now her attacks won稚 one shot everything near the end of the game, but she値l still be relatively OP, compared to other puppets you can acquire. I値l recommend you get a puppet that can deal high physical damage. There are some enemies at the end of the game that have strong Magic Defense and will take little damage regardless of how strong you are. I believe I had an R.H. Pappet.

Stubbes, as much as I love this game, my enjoyment of it is certainly enhanced greatly by your advice. Evolved an R.H. per your advice and indeed he hits like a sledgehammer. I hate to say it but it took me until just now to understand the evolution chart but I finally get it.

So now I just have to decide what to do with my fourth, who is currently a Sakika. I don't remember how I got there so I'll probably reset him and go for maybe another B.W. or try to figure out who the third most powerful pappet is lol.

Random thought: Knowing JRPG naming conventions and translations, I'm betting the pronunciation of Gross Kingdom is pronounced to rhyme with boss, as opposed to gross like 'eww that's gross.' What do you guys think? 

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2021, 07:49:14 PM »

Alright I'm rolling with BW, RH, and GH. Evolved them then cashed in all my jewels beefing them up and giving them spells. Gonna push through a bunch of battles in my next few play sessions because I'm only in Chapter 6 right now and want to progress a bit.  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length