RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:56:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | September 2021 Playthrough - Genesis Shinobi Titles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: September 2021 Playthrough - Genesis Shinobi Titles  (Read 9107 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: August 16, 2021, 03:09:06 PM »

Next month get ready to throw more stars than a Kindergarten teacher grading papers....

September 1st - 10th - Shadow Dancer (February 1991)
September 11th - 20th - The Revenge of Shinobi (December 1989)
September 21st - 30th - Shinobi III: Return of the Master Ninja (July 1993)

PARTICIPANTS:
singlebanana
GrayGhost81
Mr. Stubbes
Disposed Hero
MetalFRO
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 04:44:32 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 03:31:38 PM »

Finally! We're playing Ninja Hamster!

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 07:42:00 PM »

Next month get ready to throw more stars than a Kindergarten teacher grading papers....

I'm sensing a ninja theme...

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 07:58:28 PM »

Aw yeah!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 08:09:55 PM »

Cybershadow as a real guess
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 04:36:23 PM »

Aw yeah!

I would be so in for this play-through.

Cybershadow as a real guess

I would also be on board for this Wink

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2021, 06:21:06 PM »

Fingers crossed for Ninja Golf on the 7800

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 12:01:28 PM »

Fingers crossed for Ninja Golf on the 7800

I wish, it would give me an excuse to shell out the stoopid amount to buy it.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 02:01:10 PM »

I don't think I've ever played a shinobi game, now I get to play three of them. I'm in!

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2021, 09:30:53 AM »

I'll try to make time for these in September. I played Shadow Dancer a ton as a kid and will always have a soft spot for it. I've only dabbled with the other two games but I know they're good.

These games also have really cool music, and Revenge of Shinobi is a Yuzo Koshiro OST too, so the music in that game is especially awesome. The boss fight theme in particular has always really stood out to me:

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2021, 10:26:39 AM »

Well, assuming I have more time for gaming next month than I have during August so far, I'll have to be in for this! I have all 3 on Genesis, and this would be a good excuse to put some real time into them. Been forever since I fired up Revenge or Shadow Dancer, and I haven't played Shinobi III in a few months.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 12:52:22 PM »

I'm going to join in too... I'm sorry I've not been more active in the forums for the play through.   I've been visiting lots of Dr's lately and not getting a chance to finish them.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2021, 08:34:50 PM »

Started playing Shadow Dancer yesterday to try and and get a feel for the game. I’ve never really been good at games like these but I feel like with enough practice and attempts I should be able to make my way through these games. I was able to get to 3-2 before running out of continues. Also why do my lives go down every time I start a level? I haven’t really focused on it too much but I feel like you would have to use a continue at some point even if you never die.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2021, 07:30:30 PM »

So the counting down who you start the stage adds you life back to it, so if you have 4 lives left it will say 5 until you start. It's confusing.  I started and got to 2-2.  I'm sucking at this.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2021, 02:31:11 PM »

Started Shadow Dancer today. After three full plays, I ended up making it to the last stage, Level 5, Room 4. I agree that the game is a bit trial and error with some memorization, but the stages are so short and none of them super difficult. Most stages have 1 good place to use your special, so I  typically find that spot and make good use of it. Also, the dog is super helpful, especially against the enemies with guns. The bosses are fairly easy to figure out after a few attempts. Unless there's a drastic difficulty spike, I can see myself finishing this game.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length