RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:02:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | SHmup Club February 2022 - Image Fight 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: SHmup Club February 2022 - Image Fight  (Read 11071 times)
Arrowviper
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2022, 02:36:21 PM »

I wish I would have had more time this month playing. Really like the game! I can now pretty easily get to stage four on one life but I have only beaten that stage one time on one credit. I will definitely play this game more and hopefully beat the first five stages on a credit.

Hi Arrowviper, welcome! How are you finding the Saturn version? So far I think it's a bit tougher than the Arcade Archives version due to the reduced screen real estate, I hope to try it more in Tate mode before the end of the month.

Thanks! The Saturn version plays really well I think, but I have nothing to compare it to so I don’t really know. It would be nice with more features though. It’s basically just a port of the arcade.
I’m really liking it so far although the boss fights are way to short.

I wish they were shorter! They all give me trouble, haha. :b
Haha I understand. What I mean is that when you figure out where to position your ship the boss goes down in about a second without a fight.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2022, 11:31:32 PM »

Anyone have final thoughts on the game?

FauxMacho
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2022, 08:53:23 PM »

Interest game. Well made, but with just enough faults that limit what could have been.
The Pod Attack - they created this feature but then never created a need for it? If the pods attacked behind instead of forward, now that would be huge.
Variable speed - great option but I spent 97% of the game at speed 2. I drop down to speed 1 during the stage 5 boss but that's about it.
Pod Colors - for me, there was very little use for blue, if the pod attack was different, then the blue pods would have been more interesting.

The difficulty spike of the last checkpoint of stage 3 is really something. Enemies and attacks from every direction, and then stages 4 and 5 are a bit more manageable.

Lots of criticism, but it's constructive! I enjoyed the game a lot, I just feel like there are some underbaked features and ideas.
Golem
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2022, 09:46:41 PM »

I've been holding off on replying because I wanted something final-ish to say. But all I have to say is that I'm gonna keep going on this game again when I have the time. :b

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length