RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:25:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | 3 undocumented NES games found 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 3 undocumented NES games found  (Read 4925 times)
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005, 05:52:08 AM »

This is a phenomenal find.  I really, really hope you are right about these being legit unlicensed releases, as they appear to be.  That would be tremendous.  You'll have to add them to the database if you feel you can confirm their legitimacy.

Yeah, I really hope so, too....but we'd have to know the whole history of NTDEC and Gluk Video in order to know whether they are legit or not...if I find out anymore info, I'll let you guys know...

On a side note, NTDEC also released a NES Advantage-clone for both the Famicom and the Nintendo NES...here is the NES version (pic from a fellow collector):

Famicom version:

If anyone ever comes across the NES version of the joystick (difference is in the top left logo), please let me know...I've been looking for that one for quite a while now Wink

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 04:37:13 AM »

nice buy! i didn't realize caltron made a game titled skate boy. looking at the snap shots speedy uploaded, the game looks similar to menace beach. how is the game play speedy? i guess this means (3) new roms to add to my get list. =)

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 05:38:24 AM »

how is the game play speedy? i guess this means (3) new roms to add to my get list. =)

The game play is decent, the problem is that you need to react quickly, and jumping over one obstacle may lead to landing on another obstacle that you can't see yet, which ends up slowing you down enough to fail the level.  You can also skate around obstacles, but jumping is just more fun Wink  Gameplay overall is very smooth though...I would say that most of their games so far are of fairly good quality, unlike some of the other unlicensed games we know of Wink

By the way, Gluk Video released more games than just those four, they also released Spanish versions (PAL-B format, same as the carts above) of Balloon Monster, Cosmos Cop, Magic Carpet, and War in the Gulf, as well as some new games Tank (similar to the well-known game with the same name found on Famicom multis, but with much better graphics), Destroyer (shoot em up), Gluk the Thunder Warrior (featuring the character from their logo), and supposedly (but not yet verified) a game called Policeman.  It wouldn't surprise me if those aren't all of their releases either, so you've got quite a few roms to add to your get list Wink

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 05:55:03 AM »

War in the Gulf,
Tank
Destroyer
Gluk the Thunder Warrior
Policeman.

It wouldn't surprise me if those aren't all of their releases either, so you've got quite a few roms to add to your get list Wink

yes i do, i will however start with these. thanx!!! Cool

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length