RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:58:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | MOMS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MOMS  (Read 1472 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: October 05, 2005, 08:50:06 PM »

Kind of taking Sauza12  thread about the great find his mom found..who all had moms that through out all your old stuff and whos kept things...My mom kept nothing .i just sit and cry (not really) when I think of all the toys and games i had when i was younger..of course i was in high school when the atari 2600 came out..but man i had tons of gi joe stuff boxes of matchbox cars,big jim,all the hardy boy books,,then of course my atari ended up going in a yard sale.. i actually found a old picture of my high score on laser blast that i meant to send in for the patch..guess she didnt get everything.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 05:01:23 AM »

I was lucky, my mom kept everything. when I bought my house I took the NES and Genesis with me. when I got into collecting a few years ago I went back and got the Atari 2600, C-64, VIC-20 and all my old Mattel and Coleco handhelds.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 09:07:53 AM »

I've always pretty much had free reign on all the games in the house.  Never once have I had a problem with my parents taking my games or selling them or anything of the sort, mainly because they know how much they mean to me, but also because I'm still living with them.

On the other hand, I know somebody (a Junior in high school) whose mom will throw away anything and everything she can when she gets the chance.  He usually keeps his door locked when he's not home, but that doesn't always keep her out.  One time she threw away his Genesis and all of his games.  Talk about crazy...

- CFB

- Zac
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 10:18:38 AM »

Luckily my Mom didn't throw stuff out either, that's why I still have my original 2600 Heavy 6er in the box, with a bunch of the original games with the numbers on the top label and their boxes that open like a book.  I did more damage to myself, I got my ColecoVision when I was living in my first apartment and did have room to store any of the boxes so they all went in the trash.  Then I did the same thing with the 7800 stuff I picked up at Big Lots during the closeout frenzy.

But my favorite story is that my brother went and sold all of his comic books (he had lots of 1st issues) when he was a senior in high school so he could take out a girl and impress her.  She ended up dumping him about a week after they went out!!  If he had those now he could probably retire.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
johno590
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 10:59:29 AM »

My parents always let me keep or do whatever I wanted with my video games, although I sold most of them...  One thing my mom doesn't do is look for video games for me, lol Sad

My dad does keep an eye out for games or anything that I might be interested in.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 12:54:35 PM »

when my family moved the summer between 4th and fifth grade for me my parents had a garage sale. I wanted to contribute so I sold all my comic books. I don't remember all that I had, all DC though. mostly Batman, Superman and Justice League. I do remember I used a black marker to write 5 cents on the cover of every one.

whoever has them probably hasn't made any money off them. I'm kind of glad they got bought. If I still had them I'd be kicking myself and saying "why, why why?" everytime I saw that black marker.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 01:07:34 PM »

I am sure my brother would have forgotten his comics long ago, if I wasn't around to remind him that is  >:-)

That's what little brothers are for.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 03:36:20 PM »

My mom sold my Genesis stuff for 20 bucks.
Poor Toe Jam and Earl Cry

My mom sometimes picks me up stuff now but most of the time she just lets me know she saw stuff. for X$ or even .XX$
Things like a gamegear and a dozen games for 10 bucks
or a GBA for 10$ and games for 3$

But she isn't too bad anymore...

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 05:22:46 PM »

My mom is pretty much as anti-gaming as one can be, but she luckily always left that domain up to my dad, who happens to usually adapt to what me and my brothers are interested in Smiley  My parents always let us choose our own games, and to keep it fair we mostly each had our own consoles rather than having to share any so they just remained in our possession ever since....and since I live with my two brothers, we still have all of our consoles and games under one roof, but unfortunately mostly just collecting dust Wink

My parents (especially my mom) don't really check for video game stuff for me, at least not for my collection...my dad does check for some video game stuff, but only for current gen 4-player games for when me n my brothers go visit them Smiley  He did buy an old Amiga 500 not too long ago, though, to bring back some old memories...

But on a side note, my parents are vital to my collecting habits, as I ship everything I buy in Germany to their address...which happens to be quite a lot (prices on German eBay are cheaper than on Dutch or Belgian eBays)....I also don't have a German bank account, so whenever I can't pay with PayPal I've had my parents transfer the funds for me Wink

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

Even as a kid I collected stuff so my mom didnt throw anything away.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length