RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:22:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Do any of you watch Antiques Road Show? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Do any of you watch Antiques Road Show?  (Read 4716 times)
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 07:15:37 AM »

Two things, firstly they have a spin off show "modern collectables"

Secondly, they made absolute tits out themselves, filming in Cambridge...

A woman took along an old calculator, she used to work for Sinclair. This was a limited edition calc, just for the staff, after Sincliar was awarded for services to British Industry, in a presentation box.

The stupid presenter laughed and said "" put it in a cupboard, it will be worth something oneday".

I could have got £500 to £1,000 the same day for it, from any number of collectors around the world.

I've worked in an auction house as a porter, and I've come to prefer Flog It! As they at least turn up the sort of collectable rarities that the rest of use are likely to have in our house or attic - such as the Claris Cliffe teapot I just sold, rather than some obscure piece of jewlerry from the Russian Tzar worth a bazillion pounds.

Hello, I am thx, I used to post here a lot, now I just rant sometimes.

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 07:35:05 AM »

we just figured you were on a prolonged bender.

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 11:19:12 AM »

Nah, off on the motorbike a lot, using up my annula leave. Cheesy

Back now. I'm not a "fair weather biker" but during the winter months, a bike is just used for transport, and not for pleasure trips.

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 05:41:34 PM »

Two things, firstly they have a spin off show "modern collectables"

....I didn't know this. I don't think it is on any of the 4 tv channels I get. I wish it was, I would like to see what it is about.

I offten wonder, when I watch this show, about the experts. Like you were saying about the calculator, I bet there is a bunch of stuff that the experts think is worthless when it really isn't. Of course it works the other way too sometimes, where they say an item is worth 5 times what it really is.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length