RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:27:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Finally Beat Super Metroid 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Finally Beat Super Metroid  (Read 3695 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: July 04, 2004, 07:38:11 PM »

Well, after playing the game a little bit every day for the last week or so, I've FINALLY beaten Super Metroid for the first time.  I know it's a sin that it took me this long, but I never had the game as a kid, so I have an excuse.  Good eats for sure.  Mother Brain was f'ed up - sweet sweet ending though.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 07:50:25 PM »

nice!  good work, get any screenshots?
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2004, 08:08:02 PM »

Does this answer your question?

http://www.rfgeneration.c...per%20Metroid&link=no

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004, 10:51:20 PM »

yes.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 01:05:30 AM »

I was wondering why we needed 54 screenshots for that game...
congratulations.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 02:08:22 AM »

that was a really good game i beat it for the 1st time  few years ago after borrowing it from a freind and i was pretty hooked until i finished how did you do on your completion time and item percentage?

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 02:18:11 AM »

I happen to be the friend that Izret borrowed the game from. That game is still one of my favorites. I LOVE THAT FRICKIN GAME! Never got the best ending though.  What do you guys think of Prime?

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 03:30:25 AM »

It was my first time playing - only got 65% item completion, and my time is about impossible to tell....  I accidentally left it paused overnight and didn't notice I had done so.  So, my time was recorded at over TWENTY-SIX hours....  which is definitely not how long I was actually playing for.  That's at least six times too long.

As for the screenshots - we definitely don't need that many - I was just playing through the game, taking them for myself and figured I'd just upload them all to the site for visitors to see too.  No harm done, since they're small files anyhow.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 03:33:43 AM »

that sounds about right for what i did my first time through i had more items. But i have done the same thing leaving games paused but i usually did it to go to school.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2004, 03:42:36 AM »

I think I did it because I started talking to a girl and forgot about the video game until morning....

I do plan on playing through again...  and again...  and again..  and again...  though.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 03:43:58 AM by admin » Logged

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 08:56:32 PM »

yeah, this game can make you want to keep playing it, but i have resisted the urge Smiley because last time i was at about 85% and was going to comb throught the game for secrets, and my game deleted on me! i really hate it when that happens.  that brings something to mind, have you ever noticed how on NES games that save it says the battery will last for 5 years but they last way longer? i still have my 7 or 8 year old zelda saves

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
T
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2004, 05:50:34 AM »

I got very far in super metroid but i could never get that
move down where you hit jump multiple times to get to high places

anyone else have trouble with this?

I can do it on the gameboy advance versions, no problem,  but can't do it
at all on SNES
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2004, 02:32:39 PM »

Are you talking about the wall jumping, bomb jumping, or the space jump?

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2004, 07:27:34 PM »

i think hes talking about the space jump, i noticed that it is much easier in the gba games too. try pushing the button at the peak of your jump and about twice per second after that, i cant really explain it well with words, sorry T
i still dont know how some people manage to do those wall jumps with only one wall, its impossible

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2004, 12:19:05 AM »

Space jumping took me a little while to get the hang of, but I think what you need to be careful of is waiting to hit jump again AFTER you've hit your high point in the jump...  so, once you've started to fall again.  I still can't wall jump worth crap, but I can bomb jump to anywhere in the game.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length