RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:19:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | vintage game craze coming toa end or are resllers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: vintage game craze coming toa end or are resllers  (Read 748 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: October 23, 2005, 12:09:37 AM »

Seems harder and harder to sll any games on ebay anymore I dont know if the resellers have just flooded the market so bad that they drove down the price of games or there just hasnt been a lot of new collectors. You almost cant give away a 2600 anymore and nes have not been bringing much more than 25.00

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 09:19:52 AM »

No offense, but could you please put a little bit more effort into typing your topics and posts? There are 2 typos in the title alone.

Anyways, the lower the prices the better. I wish prices here would drop. 5 euros for a common game is just too much, if you need 200 of them.
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 07:05:55 PM »

I don't check much on the US eBay for game prices, but I've noticed them dropping a bit here in some parts of Europe as well, but mostly just for the commons (could just be a change of season, though, since I've only been checking here for the past 6 or so months).  I also like it more when prices are high, because I still tend to find sweet deals all the time, so lower average prices just lower any profits I get from reselling.  I think that the latest trend seems to be that commons keep getting cheaper, and rare games keep getting more valuable.  At least the difference between the two is very obvious on the US eBay, whereas on the European eBays it seems as though all games are priced the same, with only very few exceptions (i.e. Rodland).

-Speedy

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 08:34:07 AM »

I personally hope that the "antique" video game market finds itself in the same hole that Comic books and baseball cards are in now.  There are as many resellers as collectors and prices are just insane for some stuff.  If values fall, resellers would get out of video games and we would be closer to where we were in the early 90's.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length