RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 11:21:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Infinium Labs vs. SEC, Round 1 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Infinium Labs vs. SEC, Round 1  (Read 645 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: November 01, 2005, 05:20:16 AM »

This one is for you, Sauza.

Yay, Phantom!

http://gamesindustry.biz/...ontent_page.php?aid=12647

Infinium Labs CEO plays down SEC filing
Ellie Gibson 10:00 01/11/2005
Former boss Tim Roberts faces charges for violating federal securities law

Infinium Labs CEO Kevin Bachus has downplayed the Securities and Exchange Commission's decision to investigate the company over alleged legal violations and unpaid taxes.

The SEC last week announced plans to bring charges against former CEO Tim Roberts for violating federal securities law. Although specific details of the charges were not revealed, Infinium has said it believes they are connected with a recent SEC enquiry into "phony fax scams," where penny stocks were illegally advertised to investors.

The SEC also claims that Infinium did not keep accurate payroll and tax records during Roberts' reign. According to the commission's filing, "We accrued payroll and payroll taxes of USD at 834,682 at December 31, 2004 and USD 1,225,903 at June 30, 2005."

"These amounts did not include interest and penalties. As a result, we believe that the recorded amounts should have been approximately double that which was actually recorded."

As a result, Infinium faces fines and interest payments of up to USD 1.2 million and has warned investors to ignore previously issued financial forecasts.

But Bachus, who took over from Roberts in August, said the company is not at risk of collapse as a result, and that Infinium is planning to work out a payment schedule with the IRS. Speaking to US website Gamespot, he said that this is "part of a process that's designed to address any deficiencies that exist."

"Evidently, as part of their investigation, the SEC has concluded that Tim [Roberts] has done something wrong. We don't know what it was. I don't know if Tim even knows what it was."

Bachus said Infinium had now "looked at everything can we can think to look at" and didn't expect to find anything more - "But I didn't expect to find this, either," he added.

The future of Infinium Labs' games-on-demand Phantom service is now in doubt once again. After the system was a no-show at E3 in May, Bachus confirmed that it would launch in the US "later this year" - something which looks increasingly unlikely.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 06:51:32 AM »

The future of Infinium Labs' games-on-demand Phantom service is now in doubt once again. After the system was a no-show at E3 in May, Bachus confirmed that it would launch in the US "later this year" - something which looks increasingly unlikely.

Umm when was this "system" not in doubt?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 07:38:31 AM by tynstar » Logged

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 07:13:22 AM »

Never, but I like to keep everyone updated.  I found their phone number on their website (which looks as if it has not been updated since June and has several dead links), and called them.  I got an answering service and left a message in their PR department asking them to call me.  Also: The automated service noted that none of the extensions for their Florida offices (formerly their HQ I think) were valid anymore.  I guess they had to close shop there and only keep the Seattle offices open.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 08:44:31 AM »

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

This is the best thing I have read all day!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length