RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:47:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Toys R Us 10 dollar sale! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Toys R Us 10 dollar sale!  (Read 6596 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2005, 01:31:00 PM »

I hit one Toys R Us today. I was in and out in 10 minutes and picked up 5 games. I got 2 DS games that weren't part of the $9.98 sale, they were $9.99. The extra 2 cents didn't bother me too much.

DS:

Polarium
Feel the Magic XY/XX

Xbox:

Fatal Frame II

PS2:

Alien Hominid
Metal Slug 4/5

Alien Hominid was the main one I was after so I was pretty happy. I was also glad I got to nab 2 DS games and Feel the Magic was one a few people recommended I get.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2005, 01:35:36 PM »

The other thing of note is that the games still show their original prices on the box, but they ring up at $9.99.

the one i went to had all the games in a bin by the register. they were all red tagged $9.98. I did check the aisles as well but only the GBA aisle had a sign but the games listed on it had already been moved to the bin.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2005, 09:41:28 PM »

Den, which TRU was it?

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2005, 06:38:27 AM »

the Westland store at the corner of Wayne and Warren.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2005, 07:45:35 AM »

Is Polarium any good? If so any chance you could pick me up one? I have paypal...hehe Lemme know... First though I'll call the one here tommorrow to see if they have anything good goin. One dude I know strictly through gamefaqs (also in Winnipeg) told me about some great sales on DS games goin for $4.97, one of those being Nanostray... I know we don't have the uber sale you guys got goin down there. Shit I wish I lived in the states still just for that damn sale.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2005, 03:33:39 PM »

OMFG
If you can pick up some sweet games like nanostray for me at a price like that i would SOOO send you the cash.

I just got a DS for Xmas but i have no games yet.
I think i am going to run out to GameCrazy right now and pick up Mario Kart DS since i just found out they are open.

I am going to check out TRU again tomorrow and look over their DS games and then hit up Circuit City and check the discount bin. I think the only thing they had in there was ping Pals though  yuck

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2005, 05:18:04 AM »

Is Polarium any good? If so any chance you could pick me up one? I have paypal...hehe Lemme know... First though I'll call the one here tommorrow to see if they have anything good goin. One dude I know strictly through gamefaqs (also in Winnipeg) told me about some great sales on DS games goin for $4.97, one of those being Nanostray... I know we don't have the uber sale you guys got goin down there. Shit I wish I lived in the states still just for that damn sale.

Polarium is pretty good. It's a puizzle game that uses only the stylus. I bought one of 2 that they had. I can go check to see if the other is still there but don't hold your breath.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2005, 05:40:14 AM »

Oops i never answeed your question lol

Yea Polarium is pretty good.
I think that the 30$ i payed for it was a bit much though.
If you can get it for say 20$ and less go for it.

The premise of the game is to line up either black or white horizontal lines by running the stylus over the blocks in various lines that cannot cross.
So after you think you have done it correctly you tap the stylus on the last block in your line and it flips all the selected sqaures.
If 1 square in a horizontal row is a different color it doesn't change.
I think the horizontal row thing is the only comparable thing to tetris.

Otherwise AFAIK this was a rather original idea.
Something fresh Smiley

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2005, 03:13:36 PM »

Yea, no good sales (boxing day) here for DS games. Terz, if you go call me if they have good games at good prices. If there's somethin I need and you're able to pick it up for me I'll be your best friend...lol  Next time I'm at TRU I'll see what they have and whatnot. I didn't go today, just called. Too far and two busses to get there for me to just run out for no reason.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2005, 07:39:14 PM »

I bought Polarium again this time for 10$ and Doom 3 for 10$

Before buying Polarium i called up GameCrazy (i have all the local game store numbers in my wallet) and told them my dillemma and the guy said that if i could get the stickers off it would be no problem returning that one.
I was very happy.

So i traded in my new 9.99$ copy of Polarium and got something like 31.50 store credit which i put into Advanced Wars DS |D

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2005, 03:49:41 AM »

I also picked up Poarium and Feel the Magic at Toys R Us for $9.99 each.  They had the Retro Atari compilation for the same price, so I grabbed that one.  The one by me didn't have all of the games marked down yet, and I didn't have this list with me, so I didn't get to check on the other DS games on the list.  Perhaps I will go back to see if they have the others.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2005, 06:43:46 AM »

From what I've seen, most TRU's didn't have the games marked down on the sticker, but they do ring up for $10.  Thats how the two I went to were.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2005, 06:44:52 AM »

All the games I got had a $9.99 sticker on them.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2005, 09:42:56 AM »

All the games I got had a $9.99 sticker on them.

Yep, but there was one store that actually just had them in a bin and no price tags were on them.

Never hurts to bring up a copy of a game and ask the price  Wink

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2005, 06:35:31 PM »

Thats what i did when i went again to the much larger TRU that is a journey and a half to get to.

If you follow any exits that actually go to Holyoke you will never reach it.
Thank god i tailed someone there lol

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length