RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:57:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Re: The Nintendo Wifi Connection Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Re: The Nintendo Wifi Connection Thread  (Read 3474 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 07:02:45 AM »

Yes, the friend code is game-specific.  Your nickname is too I believe (unless it displays the nick entered into the DS system settings by default), but the nick is pretty much irrelevant when you want to connect to your friends.  All you need to enter in is the friend code.  As Shaggy said, Anti is telling you how to get it in Animal Crossing.  In Mario Kart DS, you go to the "Confirm Friend Code" menu item within the Nintendo WFC menu.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 08:47:57 AM »

I never said anything about Animal Crossing.  Thank you Flea Market Finder, that is what I was asking.  Thank you also, Nep.  Thanks for being an ass, Anti.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 08:48:26 AM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 03:56:09 PM »

Hehe, being the resident asshole is my pride and joy *sniff*

Actually there is a lil relevance in the name stuff..

The name you have in your DS is what shows up in Mario Kart, dunno about other games.

In Animal Crossing, you need to have the name, town, AND friend code to add friends.

You get a different friend code per game.

The name in your DS is important for something else. Linking your DS to the Nintendo Wifi website. There you can view stats and whatnot.

LINKING YOUR DS TO NINTENDO WIFI:
I got confused a bit so I figured write a lil about this. You sign in with your mynintendo username and password on the wifi site. You have to generate a name that you have to put in your DS as your name temporarily. Then you log on to -any- wifi game within 60 minutes. After doing this, Nintendo will e-mail you a code that you have to put in on the site. After having done that, you can change your name back to whatever you want it to be and your DS is registered. This works across all games and only needs done once.

BTW I currently have peaches, am growing pears, and am getting hooked up with some oranges in AC. If you need those or have something I don't lemme know guys. I want -all- fruits.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2005, 08:47:54 AM »

Hehe, being the resident asshole is my pride and joy *sniff*

Actually there is a lil relevance in the name stuff..

The name you have in your DS is what shows up in Mario Kart, dunno about other games.

In Animal Crossing, you need to have the name, town, AND friend code to add friends.

You get a different friend code per game.

The name in your DS is important for something else. Linking your DS to the Nintendo Wifi website. There you can view stats and whatnot.

LINKING YOUR DS TO NINTENDO WIFI:
I got confused a bit so I figured write a lil about this. You sign in with your mynintendo username and password on the wifi site. You have to generate a name that you have to put in your DS as your name temporarily. Then you log on to -any- wifi game within 60 minutes. After doing this, Nintendo will e-mail you a code that you have to put in on the site. After having done that, you can change your name back to whatever you want it to be and your DS is registered. This works across all games and only needs done once.

BTW I currently have peaches, am growing pears, and am getting hooked up with some oranges in AC. If you need those or have something I don't lemme know guys. I want -all- fruits.

Ok, I'm sorry Anti.  Thanks for your help.  That is helpful.  It does seems Nintendo is making it difficult for us to get online!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2005, 02:12:38 PM »

The reason I posted the explaination is because when I went to register mine, I put in the code they gave me for the DS (name) code and thought their site was screwy. They aren't uber clear on the matter IMO.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2005, 02:14:21 PM »

I'll happily deal with some small difficulties if I'm not paying for it, although this seems to be a lot less time-consuming than any other online service I've seen.

- Zac

- Zac
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 04:25:55 PM »

I thought it was pretty easy.  A teeny bit confusing at first, but there are so many less headaches once you do that three minute setup.  No entering in logins, passwords, searching for servers, checking ping, dealing with connection services (read: GameSpy: Enemy of Man, Defeater of Souls), etc.  Just connect, and play.  So simple, so easy, so FREE.  r0x0r

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 03:15:13 PM »

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Code: 0473-0549-6399
Nick: Jiro
Town: Symposia

Hello World.
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2005, 07:24:30 AM »

oh and do both players have to have each other added to play online?

Yeah, they do.

- Zac

- Zac
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 04:49:49 PM »

I've added all who have posted girl

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2005, 09:43:55 PM »

Maybe this topic should be stickied?

And we could copy and paste our wifi friend info into the first post with all of the info needed?

What does everybody think?

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »

Or maybe have everyone just post the info for games they play into one post and repost it when the ad a game.

Makes it much less cluttered and easier to find a specific person and their info.

If that does happen i will delete this post to reduce clutter.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2005, 03:47:46 PM »

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
NOTE FROM THE ADMINISTRATOR
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread has been modified to facilitate organization of member friend codes.  Some posts are missing from this thread, so to follow the conversation chronologically may be difficult as pieces may be missing.

If you are looking for the thread where you can post your Nintendo Wifi Friend Codes and see those of other members, please see the following link, where the missing posts in this thread have been moved:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...on=display;num=1135125851

-Mike (Nepenthean)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2005, 03:51:33 PM »

Good ideas.  I've done as you have requested.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length