RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:26:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Tragic News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Tragic News  (Read 25934 times)
Silent_shadow
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2006, 04:39:22 AM »

I'm not a member for long so i did not khew him but i give mine condolences to his familly and friends.
R.I.P. Mike. Cry

NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2006, 05:00:42 AM »

I dont know what to say.......

I have gotten to know Mike here and there from the old VGB days with Den and some more recently when I needed a little advice, Mike came through for me.

I haven't been on this board as much as I used to on VGB because of family obligations that came about the same time Mike started up RFG. He welcomed me here with open arms and I have been happy to have called myself a part of his baby and community.

I find myself sitting here reading these posts, having never even met Mike in person, yet I am sitting here crying for a friend I only knew through digital text.

To Mike's family and close friends, please know what a kind and great person Mike had become. It is now he can do gods work from a higher more powerful place.

Rest in Peace Michael Collins...Rest in Peace......

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2006, 05:15:07 AM »

Kamino posted about this on hardcore gaming
From people who are not members here,

DarkRaven64:
I didnt know who he was but my condolences go out to his friends and family, may him and his soul rest in peace.

Archmagus of Roo:
I've never been to RFGeneration, but I'm sad to hear this nonetheless. My prayers go out to his friends and family.

May the gods watch over him... Sad

« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 06:10:20 AM by IZRET101 » Logged

s1lence
Resident Achievement Guru
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2006, 06:00:46 AM »

From all the Staff and Members on hardcoregaming.org our prayers are with his family and friends. RIP Mike  Cry  
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2006, 06:33:16 AM »

Mike was a really good buddy of mine, he's one of the last people I spent time with before I moved. Hell, he was one of the few people who helped me with my move which says a lot being that he had to drive for 4 hours just to get to me. We had fun when he came to visit, we had fun working on the site and other little projects. I feel like a total shit for not being able to attend his funeral. I feel like even more of a shit for not being able to do much for the site at the moment too. I really dunno what to say.

I am glad to see all of you posting and especially Mrs. Collins. Mike loved this site and we'll continute to make it grow and kick ass. There isn't anything I can say to make things better or easier. Just that I'm glad to see everyone coming together and being cool to each other.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Sensei_Fu
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2006, 06:49:02 AM »

What can you say to a mom when something like this happens that doesn't sound trite in comparison to her loss?

I'm so truly sorry.  
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2006, 06:53:40 AM »

Hi everyone, this is Mike's little sister, Sue.  I just wanted to thank all of you so much for what you are doing.  My big brother was amazing with computers and spent a lot of time working on them.  It seems like 99% of the time that i saw him on the computer he was on this site.  He loved it. It truly was his baby.  I know he's smiling up there when he sees all of you working together to keep his baby running.  I honestly don't think my family could ever thank you all enough.

Keep doing what you are doing.
--Sue Collins

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2006, 07:01:01 AM »

Jesus. I'd like to thank the Collins family on behalf of everyone at RF Generation for looking in on the site while this is still so fresh. It can't be easy but I'm sure whereever Mike is he's smiling like mad that you're showing your support for the love of his life girl

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2006, 09:12:43 AM »

It's been very comforting to me to check the site and see all of your messages.  Laurel -- don't feel bad that you couldn't make it to the funeral.  MIke certainly understands.
-- Mrs. Collins

funshine
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2006, 10:09:53 AM »

Eddie,
Sorry I can't help more with the site and stuff, I tried when he had VGB but I was more the comic relief on the posting page thingy b/c I don't know anything bout video games.  If you need any help tho, please let me know.  And also... I can't figure out how to find that pic he had under the staff page, I can't even find the staff page...could you help me out with that.  Thanks!
Cindy

I will always remember...
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2006, 11:05:29 AM »

Here is a link to the staff page.

http://www.rfgeneration.com/staff.shtml

St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2006, 11:07:45 AM »

To Pat and Sue, I want to welcome you to RFGen and thank you for taking the time to read through everyone's comments.  I hope they can bring you some consolation in this very difficult time.

I want to personally express my condolences to you and the rest of your family.  Mike was one of my best friends and it was very difficult to see this happen to him.  As you said, he was very upset and in the confusion forgot about all the people who cared so much for him.  If there is anything at all that I can do to help out please let me know.  Scott and many others have volunteered to help me sell Mike's games.  I think it will be a fitting tribute to sell his games to those who love them as much as he did.  The money could not go to a better cause than the Peru mission trip fund.  I know Mike is smiling down from heaven right now.  Rest in Peace, Mike.  We will always keep it on channel 3!

To the staff and members of RFGen, I want to truly thank all of you for what you have done for the site, and most importantly what you have done for Mike.  As Scott said in the quote he found of Mike's, this site and his friends here were one of the best things to happen to him.  Even though we are all separated by hundreds of thousands of miles and are both young and old, we all came together around Mike and the common hobby of video games and made RFGen what it is today.

So from the bottom of my heart, thank all of you for being as kind and loving friends that you were to him.  I don't think he could have asked for better people.  

Eddie

PS. Cindy, click the link below to find the staff page.

http://www.rfgeneration.com/staff.shtml

We will always keep it on channel 3!
qixmaster
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2006, 11:28:05 AM »

I am so sorry to hear about this tragic loss.  My condolences go out to everyone who knew Mike on any level.  I admire the unity and support  that is booming in this online community. I unfornutely never knew Mike, but from the maturity of the members here I can see that this IS a great place. I would like to thank Mike for such a great site and group of people that he brought together.
-Josh
-hellvin-
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2006, 12:29:26 PM »

My condolences to his family and friends.  I did not know him, but it's very tragic news to hear.  I really enjoy his site and love reading these forums.  Here's hoping this site carries on his memory.

Jeff
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2006, 12:47:40 PM »

Since Wednesday (February, 1), I can't begin to tell the emotions that I've experienced. From numbness, to shock, to pain, the stark reality that Mike is gone has surely ran the gambit of emotions for me as well as many other people who were close and not so close to him. It was just last Saturday we were at my house playing Balderdash, getting Mike on a DDR pad, and having a rather good time. Nothing that night would ever have hinted at the thoughts going through Mike's mind. Mike just seemed like the unique friend that I had known for 15 years.

The process of saying good bye to a friend that you have known for so long is extremely tough. I am sure there will instances where I will wonder if Mike would want to go with us, only to remember that he is gone. To Mr. and Mrs. Collins, Ann and Sue, I offer my most sincere condolences. As Eddie has said, it is very saddening and difficult to see this happen to Mike, and in the process of coming to terms with his death know that Mike fostered and nurtured not only the community you see here at RFGeneration, but also communities at St. James, St. Xavier, Peru, and many, many other places.

The memories I have of Mike I will never forget. I will always remember the experiences we shared. I will remember the tuxedos he used to wear to school, and his “Cthulhu for President” shirt. While I won't be voting for Cthulhu in 2008, he can smile up heaven knowing that I will remember that shirt when I am at the polls. I will remember going up to Cedar Point in 2003, and experiencing the Great Blackout of 2003 at the world's best amusement park. Working at Kings Island was a rather stressful job where seeing friends was a rarity and a luxury, and to go up there (for dirt cheap) with one my good friends was a refreshing breath of air. I will remember going up to Clifton Gorge with Eddie, Tim, and Mike, and taking a picture inside a slump block cave, not knowing that he was looking directly back in the direction of my camera. That picture was just the picture to win the RFGen Birthday contest:

These memories and so many more I will cherish forever.

You may be gone Mike, but your communities and the memories that you helped create will live on. Rest in peace, Mike.

-David
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 02:29:37 PM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length