RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:08:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | My hockey leagues championship game 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My hockey leagues championship game  (Read 2506 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: February 16, 2006, 04:33:56 AM »

So....  If you have me as a friend on MSN, you will be able tell what happened in last nights championship game. But if not, you must suffer through my horrible story telling skills !!!!!!!

Our game was at 9 p.m. local time and we were playing a team in our league known as "The Rolling Stones" They had a record of 5-3-0-2 Basically that means they were 5-5 on the season. the last 2 listed are overtime shoot out losses.

We had a regular season record of 8-2  

The game started out quick with us scoring twice and going up 2-0. As fast as that was, they scored 2 even faster goals about 5 minutes laster making the score an even 2 all

Fast forward to late in the game and we are down 5-4..... We tie it up and score another goal to put us up 6-5.

With 3 minutes left in the game, one of their best players breaks open and gets a nice shot off between the circles. There was alot of traffic and I really couldnt see where it was going. It went in!

All tied at 6........ End of the game and everybody has several really good attempts. But nothing comes of them.

Then we go to sudden death overtime. A 5 minute period where if you score the game is over. Guess what?! Nobody scores....

Maybe I should have given you background for the game eh ?
The 2 overtime shootout losses the Rolling Stones had this season? Thats right, we gave them both of those. We are so evenly matched, that its scary.

So we go to the shoot out. All of it is riding on my ability to make the big saves. All of it rides on my team mates abilty to score and get us the win....

First man on our team scores with a shot right over the pads. BOOYAH! we are up 1-0 and each team gets 4 trys. The first skater for their team is coming at me and trys a last second move to my right and it goes off my shoulder.

Our second skater goes in and doesnt score. Tension is way up  I gotta stop this next guy to keep the advantage. I have been here before... Done it alot over the years.

Their next guy comes in and double deaks to the left. I drop to the butterfly and stick my big leg as far left as it goes. Toe save! Nothing for them...

Our nect guy goes down and doesnt score  I gotta do it again... Can I? Their next guy skates in and goes with a classic wrist shot that I catch with my glove hand.  

1 more player on each side gets a chance, and we are next. If he scores the game is over. If he doesnt, they get one more chance to tie it up and then we keep going until somebody wins.

The last skater on my team is one of my best friends and a damn good goal scorer. His favorite place to score is "the five hole" or right between the goalies legs(for those who dont know). Not alot of people can pull it off as well as he does. His plates on his car even say 5 HOLE  

Well I suppose you want to know if he scored? Well he did and we won the day!

So we finished the season 10-2 overall. 2 of my players were 1 and 2 in scoring. I won top goalie award as well.

It was a good day Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 04:35:52 AM by captain_nintendo » Logged

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 05:51:03 AM »

congrats on the victory Hasek!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 05:52:35 AM »

Nice story, Cap'n!!!  Is it true? Wink

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 05:56:29 AM »

Nice story, Cap'n!!!  Is it true? Wink

Oh its true  |D

I play in 3 different leagues currently. I have another championship game on Friday night Cool

And the third league I play in looks good for a shot at that championship as well.  :ownedsign:

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 06:29:55 AM »

/grats

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 06:39:03 AM »

congrats on the victory Hasek!

Why do you insalt him?

Congrats Rick!!!!!!!!!

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 07:20:38 AM »

uh... isn't Hasek the number one goalie in the NHL right now? last I checked Ottawa was neck and neck with Detroit and Carolina for first over all.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 07:21:34 AM »

uh... isn't Hasek the number one goalie in the NHL right now? last I checked Ottawa was neck and neck with Detroit and Carolina for first over all.

He was a quiter in Detroid and screwed the Wings over so I say  piss on that ass hoel.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 07:45:51 AM »

He was a quiter in Detroit and screwed the Wings over so I say  piss on that asshole.

Yeah... I respect his abilities, but he was a whiny ass bitch in Detroit.

And let me ask you this.... What goalie couldnt win in Ottawa ? I mean sheesh, they score enough!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 08:42:06 AM »

Yea,  Hasek was a whiny bitch in Detroit.  I piss on him, I will!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 10:18:49 AM »

well, his retire/unretire act was a fiasco but he did win a Cup with the Wings.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 11:11:35 AM »

well, his retire/unretire act was a fiasco but he did win a Cup with the Wings.

And would of won more if he didnt punk the Wings.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length