RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:04:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Chasing baseball legends and STEROIDS!, (Bonds) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Chasing baseball legends and STEROIDS!, (Bonds)  (Read 15990 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2006, 05:25:07 AM »

Awwwwww..... No home runs for Bonds yet Roll Eyes

He is so close to Ruth, and I am dreading the day he catches and passes Ruth.

Hopefully he gets caught using enhancers and is banned from baseball before he does pass Ruth.

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2006, 07:28:55 AM »

Awwwwww..... No home runs for Bonds yet Roll Eyes

He is so close to Ruth, and I am dreading the day he catches and passes Ruth.

Hopefully he gets caught using enhancers and is banned from baseball before he does pass Ruth.

LOL. He probably stopped taking them this season, because everyone is jumping down his throat. He forever ruined his name with me. I just want to piss on all his cards that I have in my collection. |D

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2006, 07:47:25 AM »

Rick I think it is funny how pissed you are at Bongs when you hero is Mark McRoids. And on I am not saying that to get under your skin. He quit baseball because he know all the heat he was going to get  just like Bonds is. And don't give me that BS is was Andro. I am sure he did more then just that.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2006, 08:13:08 AM »

Rick I think it is funny how pissed you are at Bongs when you hero is Mark McRoids. And on I am not saying that to get under your skin. He quit baseball because he know all the heat he was going to get  just like Bonds is. And don't give me that BS is was Andro. I am sure he did more then just that.

I agree Mcgwire was on roids. It sucks, and it sucks that Baseball did not have rules against it.  But the type of enhancers that Bonds is / was on is like night and day to what Mcgwire was probably on.

Hell, even the crap Palmero was on (or at least got cuaght on in his test) was a roid, but it wasn't HGH or the "cream and clear". Palemro's "roid" was basically a "cutting agent".

I am just glad Major League Baseball now has a real policy with a whole lot of time of and banishment eventually if caught.

I am sure every year some guy is going to invent some new enhancer that will be undetectable that year or for a few years. I think MLB should save these samples every year and go back and test them with the new testing that becomes availible every year.

I dont think enhancers will ever be out of the sport completely, but at least what MLB is doing now is a good start.

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2006, 09:19:07 AM »

I agree Mcgwire was on roids. It sucks, and it sucks that Baseball did not have rules against it.  But the type of enhancers that Bonds is / was on is like night and day to what Mcgwire was probably on.

Hell, even the crap Palmero was on (or at least got cuaght on in his test) was a roid, but it wasn't HGH or the "cream and clear". Palemro's "roid" was basically a "cutting agent".

I am just glad Major League Baseball now has a real policy with a whole lot of time of and banishment eventually if caught.

I am sure every year some guy is going to invent some new enhancer that will be undetectable that year or for a few years. I think MLB should save these samples every year and go back and test them with the new testing that becomes availible every year.

I dont think enhancers will ever be out of the sport completely, but at least what MLB is doing now is a good start.

Baseball didn't have a rule against it....Aren't steroids ILLEGAL in the USA?!  I don't know why absolutely NO ONE is even mentioning that!

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2006, 10:25:31 AM »

Baseball didn't have a rule against it....Aren't steroids ILLEGAL in the USA?!  I don't know why absolutely NO ONE is even mentioning that!

Ken

BINGO!!!!!!!! MLB over rules law though you should know that.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2006, 12:54:12 PM »

I am fairly certain that steroids are legal; however, you must get a prescription for their use. I don't remember which illnesses they are used for, but I know that they are used for legitimate medical reasons.

Hello World.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2006, 12:59:11 PM »

I am fairly certain that steroids are legal; however, you must get a prescription for their use. I don't remember which illnesses they are used for, but I know that they are used for legitimate medical reasons.

As far as I know, they are used in rehab for the most part. But you do need a perscription. So when these players in the NFL,NHL or MLB test positive, why arent these prosecuted by the law Huh Seriously? They should be!

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2006, 01:11:33 PM »

SOME steroids are legal.  Not all of them.  And not all steroids are "muscle" enhancers.  They do a ton of things.  I was on a steroid for a week once for a terrible case of poison oak.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2006, 05:23:46 AM »

713  yuck

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2006, 05:42:08 AM »

713  yuck

Tell me about it. If I was a pitcher, I would walk him every at bat. I have no respect for that man.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2006, 07:31:52 AM »

Tell me about it. If I was a pitcher, I would walk him every at bat. I have no respect for that man.

If you did that you have no respect for the game and yourself.

[size=10]GO BONDS!!!!!!!!!![/size]

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2006, 08:02:26 AM »

If you did that you have no respect for the game and yourself.

[size=10]GO BONDS!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Roll Eyes

Seriously Scott......

Stop trying so hard.

Bonds is my hero! He is super awesome!
Him and McGwire rock!!!! Dont forget about Sosa and Palmero

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2006, 08:10:22 AM »

I want Bonds to pass Ruth so maybe you guys and the rest of teh country will stop crying. Like it  or not sreroids are part of the game. NOthing will be done about the records. There will be no * next to anything.

I think it is funny people love MCGwire and Sosa yet hate Bonds. They all did steroids.

And you already know I hate intentional walks. If anything I think you should only be aloud one a game.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 08:11:26 AM by tynstar » Logged

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2006, 08:26:19 AM »

I hate 'em all, Bonds, Sosa, McGwire, Giambi. Sure steroids are a part of the game, but they don't have to be. I personally just hate watching the powerhouse players. It seems like lately all baseball's been about is home runs and how many steroids the people who have been hitting them take. I say kick all the bastards out. I want to see players who can solidly knock in hits and then move fast enough to make 'em count. Players who play smart.

Now let's see...I hate intentional walks too. I also hate how much a hamburger costs at the stadium. And how they designed our latest stadium so that there are parts of the stands where you can't see the whole field. And how Pete Rose is still being shafted (admit him you bastards!).

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length