RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:16:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Chasing baseball legends and STEROIDS!, (Bonds) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Chasing baseball legends and STEROIDS!, (Bonds)  (Read 15988 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: March 08, 2006, 09:20:31 AM »

So there is a new book coming out with hard evidence about Barry Bonds and his use of performance enhancers.

I for one do not like Bonds one bit. Not because he uses or used performance enhancers. Hell almost everybody in the Majors was probably doing it or trying it at one point Huh

Bonds is an arrogant S.O.B and racist to boot.
For him, beating out Babe Ruth is far more important than beating out Aaron.

According to the book and from what I have heard on sports talk radio, Bond was upset with all of the publicity McGwire was getting back in 98. One time the Giants slugger "went off" when they roped off batting practice for McGwire while the Cardinals were visiting the Giants.  "Not in my Fucking house" (or something to that effect)

Look, Bonds is/was a great player. I believe he would have been a hall of famer without performance enhancers.

What now Barry? More lies? Gonna break a record that was set in an era without performance enhancers?

You couldn't hold Ruth or Aaron's jock strap Barry.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 11:03:38 AM »

I hate all those guys. Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, Giambi etc. I hope their testicles fall off and they grow man tits just like in Fight Club.

When shall his new form be revealed?
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 11:19:15 AM »

I hate all those guys. Bonds, McGuire, Sosa, Giambi etc. I hope their testicles fall off and they grow man tits just like in Fight Club.

You cant single them out. A very high percentage of MLB was doing some sort of performance enhancer.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 11:50:22 AM »

Well I hope they all get testie rot.

When shall his new form be revealed?
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 07:27:13 PM »

baseball is a sport                but all kidding aside I would like to know what planet most people live on steroids have been around and used for decades not to mention probally tons of other kinds of drugs.You think all the weight lifters and pro bodybuilders got that big and strong for eating their vegies. Sports anymore are not about people enjoying playing the game its all about money. Baseball was slowing dying after the strike until the homerun chase between sosa and mcguire..baseball at that time sure didnt start accusing either of steroid use because it would of ruined the homerun chase. I agree Bonds is the worse example for a baseball player.. how many world series has he won..great players make thoses around them better...  Bonds only plays for himself..but the steroids come on you probally have figure skates that take them...What about back in the day when the football players got all hopped up on cocanie and played....I think they should just drop the whole issuse and focus on the fact Bonds more or less only cares about personal goals

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 07:31:11 PM »

to add to the steroid topic my dad when he pulled horses back in the 60s and 70s at fairs  and first place was only a trophy   but the old farmers gave their horses steroids and cocaine just to win..   in this day and age its all about winning and people do what ever it takes to win..

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2006, 05:38:07 AM »

Just makes Babe Ruth's statistics even more impressive.

.342 lifetime batting average.
714 Home Runs
2213 RBI
2174 Runs scored
2062 walks.

Never heard of him taking any performance enhancers  Wink

Not to mention he was an awesome pitcher as well  Shocked

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 06:47:49 AM »

Just makes Babe Ruth's statistics even more impressive.

Never heard of him taking any performance enhancers  Wink

Beer!!!!!!!

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 07:10:20 AM »

Ruth would take performance detractors, and he still did all of that.  Nothing affects a performance more than a night out getting drunk and wailing away on a hooker until the wee hours.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 07:28:16 AM »

Ruth would take performance detractors, and he still did all of that.  Nothing affects a performance more than a night out getting drunk and wailing away on a hooker until the wee hours.

laugh laugh laugh laugh

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 08:40:17 AM »

I have no respect for Bonds, either.  He is a lying S.O.B. and just like Cap'n said about him being racist.  I hope he retires and doesn't surpass ruth or aaron.  That lying, cheating *BEEP*!!!!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 09:01:32 AM »

difficult to tell with Bonds whether the expanding size of his cranium is due more to his steroid use or overblown ego. most likely it's a combination of the two. if so, one day his head will surely explode Scanners style.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 09:10:18 AM »

difficult to tell with Bonds whether the expanding size of his cranium is due more to his steroid use or overblown ego. most likely it's a combination of the two. if so, one day his head will surely explode Scanners style.

Man I hope they get that on tape!!!!!!!

SFS
I eated the purple berries
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 09:23:34 AM »

I'm sure it will be on youtube.  Everything is on youtube.

"It rains acid, one day the earth will cry from a stone
And you'll be lookin' at the world livin' inside of a dome
Comperized humanity living inside of a clone
This is the place where the unknown is living and real
Worm went to planet X and the seventh seal"

Immortal Technique
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 01:03:45 PM »

IT HAPPENED!!