RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:51:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Sega Genesis hard cover/ cardboard question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sega Genesis hard cover/ cardboard question  (Read 1196 times)
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: March 13, 2006, 04:02:44 AM »

I began to collect for the Sega Genesis harder than ever recently and was wondering a few things about the collection.

1.) Is there a list somewhere that lists all the hard case games? Then a second list with all the cardboard boxed games?

2.) Were there any games that didn't include a box? I've seen a few Blockbuster Championsip cartridges for sell without a box. Did these come with a box?

Thanks for the reply's in advance. I just want to have a better understanding when it comes to the Genesis.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 05:24:17 AM »

I began to collect for the Sega Genesis harder than ever recently and was wondering a few things about the collection.

1.) Is there a list somewhere that lists all the hard case games? Then a second list with all the cardboard boxed games?

2.) Were there any games that didn't include a box? I've seen a few Blockbuster Championsip cartridges for sell without a box. Did these come with a box?

Thanks for the reply's in advance. I just want to have a better understanding when it comes to the Genesis.

Not sure if there is a list. Not sure when I will have time but I could make a list of all the carboard games I have. I know there are some that both types of cases. Desert Strike and F22(I think) come to mind.

As far as I know all games but the Blockbuster cart and teh Game Factory carts game with boxes. The pack in games like Soinc 2 and Streets of Rage 2 say NOT FOR RESALE on them.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 07:21:48 AM »

The cardboard cases where released later in the systems life if memory serves and where republished by a company called Ballistic.

I have/had these games in carboard:

6-Pak
Ahhh Real Monsters
Jurassic Park: Rampage Edition
Lion King, The
Sonic & Knuckles
Tecmo Super Bowl III Final Edition
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 10:49:45 AM »

Some do indeed have both card board, and plastic cases. I guess Sega started doing this toward the release of the Saturn to save money.

They also started getting cheap with the manuals as well, as all of the card board releases that I have seen have had black and white manuals, so theres another variation...   yay.

I have seen both types of cases for, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Aladdin, Ms. Pac-man, and a few others that have slipped my mind. A list would be very helpfull, as I am curious about these as well.

I have a bunch of the outer card board slip covers in my trade list that do not have card board inserts. Some of them are pretty rare, so check them out. If you need any, I'd be glad to trade them for stuff I need.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 10:54:32 AM »

Well here is a thread atari_wizard started.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...on=display;num=1142271776

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length