RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:17:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | VNC Viewer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: VNC Viewer  (Read 1974 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: July 15, 2004, 05:22:19 AM »

A month or so ago, hydrobond did me the favor of giving me this great little program.  It can be used for some GREAT practical uses, as well as just freaking the heck out of unsuspecting family members and friends.

Basically, it's a remote desktop program, but what's great about it is that it can be set up so that if a person is on one networked PC, it won't log them off when you log on.  What this means is, they'll just be minding their own business, using their PC, and you take control - without their knowing, of course.  BAM, their mouse moves....  or BAM, their programs start closing randomly...  or BAM, they start saying things to friends on AIM like "I eat poopy," not having a clue what hit them.  All they can do is watch in horror as their computer seems to take over by itself.  This works especially well on family members who aren't very tech-savvy and have never even heard of remote desktop access.

And, of course if you don't want to be mean to family members, it still has lots of practical uses.  You can basically have all of your home PCs accessible from one monitor, without even setting up a KVM switch or even having them in the same room.  And, you can still use the program from anywhere that's hooked to the internet, assuming you have everything set up right.

I didn't download the program from here, but I think this is the same thing.  Enjoy:

http://www.realvnc.com/download.html

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 01:14:41 PM »

cool they had something like this at my school so i would screw with the libraarian who used it and she would always come out to fix some problem that didnt exist.
Like i would sroll web pages back and forth or Alt/Tab through the pages fast of open IE a ton of times
eventually she stopped watching me
then i played more games

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 07:12:15 PM »

i have to make sure to remember this when i actually have a network

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 09:18:08 PM »

Yeah, I use it as part of a Star Wars Galaxies macro.  I can just let my computer play itself, and it gets me lots of XP.  Anyways, it is a great little utility.  

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 10:55:40 PM »

Used VNC for a few years now - at work and at home.  It's great.  Especially on my arcade cab where it's too much of a pain in the ass to hook a keyboard and mouse up to it - I just VNC into it with my Laptop via wi-fi.  Works like a charm.

I was also able to get VNC going on my iPaq with wifi - took over my main PC.  IT was cool, though I had to scroll 50 times to go from left to right.

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
2D-Forever
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 10:59:17 AM »

Its a really nifty toy to say the least, usefull for linux/windows cross use.

-God gave us memories so we could languish in dispair.
-Once delayed, Twice dismayed.  SNK
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length