RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:23:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | only one system 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: only one system  (Read 2479 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: March 28, 2006, 10:47:58 PM »

if you had to give up all your games and systems down to only one what one would you keep and why.

i would say nes because i have just about  all the games and a lot of cool accesories and the system is just about my speed ..the game play is a lot more advanced then atari but not as advanced as the newer systems..plus most of the arcade games were made for nes i like playing like,dk jr,joust,pacman,ms pacman,q bert and there are a good many puzzle games.i also like the cartridge you can throw it on the basement floor for months and pick it up and play it try that with a disc game.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 11:04:40 PM »

Well, if I could only keep one system to collect for then it would obviously be the NES as well Wink  If I could only keep one system to play on, I may pick the Dreamcast as there's just so many good games for that.  Smiley

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 03:12:23 AM »

If I could do it all over again, I'd say the Sega Genesis. I'm going for a complete US collection. I'm too far in the game to give up on Atari 2600 (Which was my first console) & NES. I also regret not collecting CIB for the NES. Anyhow, back to the topic.....I would go with the Sega Genesis, because of the hard clamshell cases they came with. This was just genius....."why didn't Nintendo do this?" There is no reason why there should be any loose games for the Genny, yet there are a ton! I enjoy playing several of the systems that I collect for & I don't think I will ever keep it to just one.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 03:12:43 AM »

Didn't we already do this same question but with being stranded on a island or some ofther slight diference?

In anycase my answer has changed since then anyways.
One of the million dollar sun systems mainfram/PCs

I would be able to play and rom/iso forever as well as all PC games.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 04:15:39 AM »

If we are just going off of what we currently have, then I would have to say my NES collection. It would be tough though, as I enjoy next gen games alot.

Also, next gen games are still coming out while the NES is not. Eventually you would run out of games to play :-/

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 06:33:47 AM »

Didn't we already do this same question but with being stranded on a island or some ofther slight diference?

Yes we do have similar thread.

And you answer Anthony is cheating.

I would take the Sega Genesis or Xbox.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 08:54:14 AM »

If I could still buy games for the system, it would have to be the Super Nintendo. Truly an amazing system, with quality games with quality replay value.

Hello World.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 08:59:28 AM »

Can you even play games on these?

Anyways, I'd also choose a pc, because the pc has the best games. If it would have to a console, it would be the playstation.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 10:43:11 AM »

Even though I don't own one...yet, I would choose the 360. Not just because you still get to play all of the qualifying xbox 1 titles, but will still have about 4 more years of next-gen games to look forward to. And online play.

I agree that PCs should not count as a part of this discussion. It raises too many subjective questions (i.e. how many gigabytes? what kind of audio/video card? what kind of processor? Dell? Samsung? laptop? tower? yadda yadda yadda).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 10:44:23 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 11:14:35 AM »

PC.

Best gaming system ever.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 11:15:49 AM »

Man that is a tough question.  I would say NES because that is the system that I have the most games for but the Dreamcast has some very awesome games.  The turbo grafx/duo has some very good games for it,too.  Such a hard question...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 12:54:28 PM »

PC. But if that ain't allowed, PS2, I can play all my favorite Playstation games and all my favorite PS2 games.

When shall his new form be revealed?
segasimon
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 12:34:25 PM »

Easy for me Genesis. I would give up my ps2, game gear, nes if I had to in a heart beat. especially my ps2 look at my collection picture my ps2 has so much dust on it!
Cham Zord
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 11:26:17 AM »

Like many people, I would side with the PC for the ROMS/ISOS and the other PC games. As for consoles, though, I would have to go with the GameCube. I've played many of the classics as well as the more obscure retro games, but, in the end of the day, games like Tales of Symphonia, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and the Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition keep me hooked to my GCN.

In a perfect world, there are no boundaries...

We already live in a perfect world...
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 05:16:23 PM »

Either the SNES or GBA. Long live 2-d gaming.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length