RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:26:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | softball 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: softball  (Read 3589 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: April 04, 2006, 07:44:03 PM »

anyone play summer league softball.....i played for about 15 years til they changed our homerun rule to only 2 per game....now no one picked me up to play so i got retired but man i love playing slow pitch      actually i got 2 metal plates and 10 screws in my leg to prove it  |D |D |D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 07:45:32 PM by wrldstrman » Logged

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 04:36:38 AM »

I played for 10 years in an alumni league after I graduated high school. 2 of those year I also played for the company team when I used to work at a law firm.

then I was off for a few years played one season on a co-ed team, then off a few more years.

last year I played again on a team with a guy I work with. I may be playing on that team again this year...tbd.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 07:09:25 AM »

Never played in a softball league. Baseball when I was just out of high school, and recently tried wiffleball Tongue, but never softball. I know a few people that do play and have been asked a few times. Hockey is my passion!  Smiley

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 09:28:55 AM »

Yea, been playing the past 4 years. Fun, fun, fun.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 12:45:33 PM »

I am playing again this year. first game is next week.

NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 04:22:54 PM »

I have yet to play in a softball league, some of my friends from HS were going to get a team together and asked me to play, but they are all lazy so that never happened. I did play baseball for more then 12 years growing up, but it's been a few years since I've played, probably rusty lol

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 06:33:27 AM »

I usually play in a softball league every year, but I have yet to get in one this year.  In the league I normally get in, they only allow 1 homerun a game.  Thank God I hit for average instead of bombs.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 07:48:08 AM »

you aren't by any chance a shortstop are you? the team I'm on might need one.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 08:19:05 AM »

IIn the league I normally get in, they only allow 1 homerun a game.  Thank God I hit for average instead of bombs.

What the hell kind of rule is that?

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 08:29:53 AM »

I believe it's actually one homerun over the fence. the one I play in it's 2, but inside the park homers you can hit all you want.

It's because some of the fields don't have too deep an outfield so a lot of teams get ringers with $800 bats that can just poke it over the fence all day. Makes the games last forever and the games are timed. If you don't get 7 inning in in an hour and a quarter it's called for time.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 10:02:53 AM »

I believe it's actually one homerun over the fence. the one I play in it's 2, but inside the park homers you can hit all you want.

It's because some of the fields don't have too deep an outfield so a lot of teams get ringers with $800 bats that can just poke it over the fence all day. Makes the games last forever and the games are timed. If you don't get 7 inning in in an hour and a quarter it's called for time.

Ohhh OK.

$800 for a bat? WOW

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 10:52:38 AM »

yeah i remembered when I played and bought a bat for 300.00 wife was a little upset....

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 11:09:37 AM »

I did play baseball for more then 12 years growing up, but it's been a few years since I've played, probably rusty lol

This is me totally. I hope this year I can get into a league. I will be moving in 5 weeks, so it'll be tough. I haven't played ball in a long time.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

had my first double header last night. we got CRUSHED! the guys we played were all about 12-15 years younger than us. I think we should have played in 35 and over league.

I did go 3 for 5 but only 5 at bats in 2 games is sad.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 12:26:34 PM »

We had our first game on Tuesday night.  I was 2 for 2 with 2 singles and a walk.  We won 7-6.  Not a very likely Softball score.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length