RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:09:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | 2006 nfl draft 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: 2006 nfl draft  (Read 11867 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 10:09:43 AM »

Whats your point?

Do I need to have a point? You got something against real Cowboy fans?  Angry

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 10:12:04 AM »

Do I need to have a point? You got something against real Cowboy fans?  Angry

Yeah I hate the Cowboys.

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 12:33:44 PM »

cardinals picked up james from the colts..

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 07:23:35 PM »

Super bowl trophey named for  Packer coach.... Trumph card!

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006, 10:52:43 PM »

Super bowl trophey named for  Packer coach.... Trumph card!

Damn that's true.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 05:22:41 AM »

Watched the NFL draft preview thing on ESPN this past weekend. Well, I guess I should say I started to watch it. It seems like they spent 20 minutes talking about Matt Lienhart (spelling).

Seriously....... I want to know about the guys nobody knows about, or stuff that matters. Not about if Matt will go in the first 6 picks.  Roll Eyes

NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 06:03:41 PM »

Yea really, they focus so damn much on the next big thing, but so much of the NFL is made up of middle round gems that put a team over the top for the super bowl. Give me those gems!

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 07:09:56 PM »

Yeah Cincinnati drafted a really good middle round gem last year in Chris Henry. Too bad he is now taking it in the behind by a big black man named bubba down in Jacksonville.

Hello World.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 05:28:16 AM »

Yea really, they focus so damn much on the next big thing, but so much of the NFL is made up of middle round gems that put a team over the top for the super bowl. Give me those gems!

I agree completely!

I believe Larry Allen (formerly of the Cowboys) was a 3rd round draft pick and he went 12 years dominating his position! He is a hall of famer for sure.

So those middle and late round picks can be just as important as the first.

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 06:15:12 AM »

Well, here's the thing, and I understand their ideas behind their talking:

I'll leave out the obvious reason of television ratings.

The major point that I can see is that you'd be very hard pressed to find a quarterback (post free agency) that has come out of the second day of the draft.

The free agency era started in 1992.  There have been 2 Super Bowl quarterbacks that have been in the second day (or later) in the draft.

Brad Johnson and Jake Delhomme (Delhomme wasn't drafted....He came from NFL Europe after not being drafted).

Johnson won his Super Bowl, in very mediocre  fashion.  215 yards, 2 touchdowns and 1 interception.  The defense (best in the NFL by far) scored 21 of Tampa Bay's points and created 5 interceptions.

Delhomme lost his Super Bowl, although his great performance.  He had 323 yards with 3 touchdowns.

After seeing this, I would hope that it is easy to see why they spend so much time on the top 10 (at least for quarterbacks).

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 06:57:03 AM »

The major point that I can see is that you'd be very hard pressed to find a quarterback (post free agency) that has come out of the second day of the draft.

Ken

Tom Brady..... 6th round  Wink

Kurt Warner was undrafted

I know this is before free agency, but perhaps the best QB in NFL history, Joe Montana was a 3rd round draft pick !!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 07:09:19 AM by captain_nintendo » Logged

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 07:10:30 AM »

Of course number 1 draft picks do work out sometimes Wink  (Quarterback wise)

Terry Bradshaw
John Elway
Troy Aikman

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 07:18:35 AM »

I did forget about Brady (how could I?!?!).  

Warner got lucky to get put on a team with the best recieving core and best running back in the game at that time.  Since then, he hasn't done a thing and never will.  He is a bum and will always in my mind, be a bum.  He did attend the Packers camp, if I am not mistaken, but was then cut cause was a bum.  Then he landed a job in the Arena league and NFL Europe.  Kurt Warner minus Issac Bruce and Tory Holt is like a fish without water.  It just doesn't work.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2006, 08:00:55 AM »

I did forget about Brady (how could I?!?!).  

Warner got lucky to get put on a team with the best recieving core and best running back in the game at that time.  Since then, he hasn't done a thing and never will.  He is a bum and will always in my mind, be a bum.  He did attend the Packers camp, if I am not mistaken, but was then cut cause was a bum.  Then he landed a job in the Arena league and NFL Europe.  Kurt Warner minus Issac Bruce and Tory Holt is like a fish without water.  It just doesn't work.

Ken

Warner's numbers were ok last year. Seriously not bad considering he wasn't even drafted (IMO)
But you are right about him being apart of that "greatest show on turn" team. It did alot for him.

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 08:49:42 AM »

His numbers were "okay" last year because he has Fitzgerald and Boldin to throw to.  He was still at like an 85 passer rating, which is poop.  He also got sacked a bunch....like 25 times in 10 games.  Not as bad as David Carr (that's a whole other discussion) but Warner isn't as good as his team made him look.

Ken

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length