RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:05:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | NHL Playoffs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: NHL Playoffs  (Read 8900 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« on: April 20, 2006, 10:22:33 AM »

What are your first round picks?

Here are mine:

EAST
Ottawa(1) Vs Tampa Bay( 8 ) - Ottawa RIGHT
Carolina(2) Vs Montreal(7) - Carolina RIGHT
New Jersey(3) Vs New York(6) - New York (as much as I hate New York I hate the Devils more) WRONG but I knew I would be
Buffalo(4) Vs Philadelphia(5) - Buffalo RIGHT

WEST
Detroit(1) Vs Edmonton( 8 ) - Detroit WRONG
Dallas(2) Vs Colorado(7) - Dallas WRONG
Calgary(3) Vs Anaheim(6) - Calagary WRONG
Nashville(4) Vs San Jose(5) - San Jose RIGHT

So let it be written so let it be done.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006, 03:42:44 PM by tynstar » Logged

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 01:37:52 PM »

EAST
Ottawa(1) Vs Tampa Bay( 8 ) - Ottawa
Carolina(2) Vs Montreal(7) - Carolina
New Jersey(3) Vs New York(6) - New Jersey
Buffalo(4) Vs Philadelphia(5) - Philadelphia

WEST
Detroit(1) Vs Edmonton( 8 ) - Detroit
Dallas(2) Vs Colorado(7) - Colorado
Calgary(3) Vs Anaheim(6) - Calagary
Nashville(4) Vs San Jose(5) - San Jose

Dallas will probably win the series versus Colorado, but I had to pick at least one different in the west from Scott's picks  Wink

Anaheim may have a shot at their series as well.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 07:07:26 AM »

Chara  :ownedsign: Lecavalier last night.

There was a big "scrum" becuase it was 8-4 and some Senator player went into the boards a little hard with a Tampa player. Everybody was ited up and Lecavalier was tied up with Chara. Just as a ref got between the 2 of them (and it didn't llok like anything was going to happen)

Lecavalier threw a punch at Chara. laugh What the hell was Lecavalier thinking??

Zdeno Chara = 6' 9" 261pounds

Vincent Lecavalier (while not small) = 6'4" 207 pounds

Needless to say Chara got Lecavalier down on the ice fast. Chara sat over him with his fist cocked back like he was ready to kill a helpless animal. Tongue

But I appluad Chara for not thrashing him. He just got up and skated away.

Dont get me wrong, I like Lecavalier as a player, but he must have been hit in the head a bit hard to think he could take on such a giant.

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 07:09:59 AM »

God I love hockey.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 07:10:19 AM »

BTW

Go Sabers!

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 07:25:32 AM »

BTW

Go Sabers!

Ken

Only if they bring back the classic uniforms  Wink

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 07:26:36 AM »

Is it just me or is it a fucking joke that the NHL PLAYOFFS (best playoffs on the planet) are on OLN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still say they need to get rid of 8-10 teams. Hell go back to the original 6 and start over. I really want to watch hockey and I can't becasue I don't get OLN. What a joke. The NHL is no longer one of the "Big Four". NFL, MLB, NBA, WNBA, PGA, NASCAR are all bigger. What a joke. The stike did wonder for you NHL.

Oh yeah fucking Wings.

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 07:42:53 AM »

WNBA

The day I see that, I will have lost faith in the human race.

Ken

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 07:58:44 AM »

I think ESPN will eventually get the NHL back on their network. Nobody wanted to touch that TV contract with a 10 foot pole during the lock out. I just recently realized I get OLN for free. I wish I had known sooner, because I would have watched more hockey this season. :-[

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 08:00:42 AM »

I saw last year (well when they played so 2 years) the a WNBA game on one of the big 3 networks had a higher rating then a NHL game on one of the 3 networks.

ESPN hardly talks about the NHL. They do some know during the playoffs but during the regular season it has maybe 30 seconds of coverage on Sports Center. Then again ESPN is one of the worse things in sports but that is a different story.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 08:06:21 AM »

I saw last year (well when they played so 2 years) the a WNBA game on one of the big 3 networks had a higher rating then a NHL game on one of the 3 networks.

ESPN hardly talks about the NHL. They do some know during the playoffs but during the regular season it has maybe 30 seconds of coverage on Sports Center. Then again ESPN is one of the worse things in sports but that is a different story.

Same goes for Sporst talk radio. They never cover the NHL. Not unless it involves scandal  Roll Eyes

But then again, it is just the market we are in. (as far as radio coverage)

I miss the CBC and Hockey Night in Canada. (from when I was  a kid in the U.P. of Michigan)

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 08:15:12 AM »

Unfortunately, hockey isn't where the money is.

Ken

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 08:16:31 AM »

Sports talk radio, most of the time, spends 75% of it's time on the NFL, 7% on Baseball, 7% on Basketball, 5% on the rest of the sports, leaving 6% for dead air/jokes.

Ken

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 08:21:53 AM »

Sports talk radio, most of the time, spends 75% of it's time on the NFL, 7% on Baseball, 7% on Basketball, 5% on the rest of the sports, leaving 6% for dead air/jokes.

Ken

That is so so true. There are some local guys on the sports station that love hockey. But when no one calls in to talk hockey it makes it hard to talk about.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 08:48:51 AM »

That is so so true. There are some local guys on the sports station that love hockey. But when no one calls in to talk hockey it makes it hard to talk about.

True. I guess you have to talk about what the fans of your show are interested in otherwise you might not be on the air anymore :-/

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length