RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:31:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Crappy knock-off NES thing. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Crappy knock-off NES thing.  (Read 2615 times)
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« on: July 16, 2004, 10:26:34 PM »

Has anyone else seen this thing that looks like a red N64 controller and plays like 80 bazillion NES games that come along with it? They're selling them at the little kiosks in the shopping malls for around $30. It is sooooooo garbage. I stopped and tried it out one day and the controller is such a piece of crap it's like playing with boxing gloves on. I can't believe people are buying this asspony.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 03:39:20 AM »

Yeah my ex-girlfriend had one of those, it was pretty bad.  In reality, the thing holds about 10 games packed out with a load of variations of them, for instance Pac Man, Pac Man A, Pac Man B etc.  Each variation had a slightly different element to the next, like a colour change or something equally pointless.  Don't bother getting one!

Me vs Gretzky
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 05:18:06 AM »

if i am think of the same thing, cant you plug in a genesis looking controller into the N64 looking controller along with a light gun?  and those are way too expensive.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 05:50:22 AM »

And they're illegal.  I'm surprised they get away with selling them right smack dab in the middle of U.S. malls, but I too have seen them there.

Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 08:41:01 AM »

I think ill of anyone who actually owns one of these things. How do we know for sure that they're illegal though? I'm assuming they are just because people are distributing ROMs along with emulators for money. But how can we be absolutely sure they aren't paying royalties?

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 09:37:41 AM »

Do you actually think Nintendo would deal with these people?  All of us here know that Nintendo would have put out their own version of this if anyone was going to be allowed to, and that it would have been of MUCH higher quality than those pieces of garbage are.  There also would have been announcements all over the major gaming sites if Nintendo had officially endorsed something like this.....  and, it would be sold in big game stores and not ghetto kiosks.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 09:51:59 AM »

my grandma has one it has like 100 plus atari games on it (i think they are all atari) and with out the game pack it has 10 games alone 5 of wich arent variations. She got hers of HSN or QVC for like $25-30 i think she said around 2001

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 06:51:06 PM »

They had one of these kiosks at a mall by my work.  I was actually thinking of buying one, just to have it, but they wanted $60 for it.  Screw that....
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 10:36:51 AM »

That does it. I'm going to the mall right now to talk to these people. I'll get to the bottom of this mess.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2004, 02:48:03 PM »

send a letter to nintendo about it they will probably send you free shit

Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2004, 04:09:37 PM »

Well, I went to the mall. It was worthless. I asked the guy at the kiosk who makes those things and he said "I just work here."

I said "Who do you work for?"

He said "I think his name's Allen."

At that point I gave up pumping the clerk for information and I went to Gamestop and got talked into buying a Pelican "Real Arcade" controller. (See http://www.rfgeneration.c...on=display;num=1090269758 for information about that happy little toy)

I did send an Email to Nintendo's legal team just to see what they had to say. I'm sure they already know about it though.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2004, 05:06:46 PM »

worth a shot on the nintendo part and on the joystick how did you get talked into buying anything at gamestop the one ive been to  they just ask if your looking for anything specific and then leave you alone.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length