RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:23:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | The art of boxing... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The art of boxing...  (Read 2354 times)
TRAY
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: May 05, 2006, 11:07:54 AM »

Are any of you guys into boxing? I just returned from the gym after 90 minutes of intensive training...
I just switched from gym...after a bit more than a year training at my first, where boxing was on a dead end thanks to the owner...now I made a restart at another gym, completely focused on boxing itself...

[img width=160 height=70]http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3245/pbnafferwessidespitshitt1uy1im.gif[/img]
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 11:20:15 AM »

I've never done it. It always looked like it would be fun to do. I used to watch a lot of boxing years ago, back when Mike Tyson first came on the scene.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 11:43:05 AM »

I don't mind watching title fights from time to time but thats about it.

Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 11:45:10 AM »

I watch Friday night fights every friday on ESPN.  I've tried it in the gym, but seriously, it's freaking hard.  After about 10 minutes I'm tired as all getout.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 02:49:14 PM »

I watch boxing if it's on, which, since I don't have cable, is usually at hooters.

I did three years of Tae Kwon Do and got my black belt but never competed. I've thought about getting into boxing now that I'm out of TKD. Or maybe I should stick with oriental arts and learn how to fly.

When shall his new form be revealed?
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 04:18:25 PM »

Boxing in the US has really went downhill bad  the late 70s and 80s were the hayday...Ali..Norton...Frazier..Foreman..Leanord...Duran..Haggler...Hearns....I dont even know who the heavy weight champ is.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 07:04:31 PM »

Boxing will get better when Don King dies.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 08:35:34 PM »

I used to box a little back when I was also into martial arts.
The last roller hockey place I played at also had a boxing facility upstairs.

I really haven't followed boxing in a long time though.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 02:18:25 PM »

At this point in time, Boxing is kind of a take it or leave it sport in my opinion. However, out of all the sports out there, boxing has some of the best movies (Raging Bull, Cinderella Man, Million Dollar Baby, the Rocky series, Diggstown, etc.).

When I was in karate, we kickboxed 1 night a week. It was fun, but yeah, a helluva workout.

As far as boxing games, I'm liking what I played of the demo of Fight Night Round 3, but I'm going to wait for the price to drop below $30 before I pick it up. I remember playing countless hours of the SegaGenesis Evander Holyfield's "Real Deal" Boxing; a GREAT boxing game for it's day!

Just thinking out loud: Was Intellivision Boxing the first side view "Fighting" game ever?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 02:20:17 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length