RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:29:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407539 times)
Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #720 on: September 26, 2012, 09:20:01 AM »

As my name/sig implies, I have a big affinity for the old wireframe games, as I created the original Vectrex wiki (I say "original" since a friend of mine allowed me to create a backup on his site a while later) and the vector gaming forums, which currently has 60 members and nearly 4500 posts in a little over a year of existence.  The site also has forums covering the oldest Pong machines to the most current crop of the XBox 360 and the upcoming OUYA systems, so it's not just a site of cornering only the unique, limited era of vector video game history, as some people have expressed surprise of what all can be found on there, along with a gaming calendar promoting expos and events (the current Portland Game Expo is up, but will be deleted after the show this weekend).  Only two areas are not viewable for guests so you can poke around most of the site.

I don't really know much about the current gaming scene though, even though the family has a Wii.  I'm mostly old school, having a Vectrex (of course), a Sega Genesis, CD player and 32X, an Atari 7800 with 2600 games, some handhelds, PC games and a plug and play system.  Not a real huge collection, but I'm updating this site's database with info/pictures from it that is missing.

Non-gaming interests include music (from pretty much anything from new age to death metal), law (ex-legal person) and digital photography.

Well that's pretty much it, you can go back to your gaming now Smiley

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #721 on: September 26, 2012, 12:52:46 PM »

Nice to hear more about you Vectorguy. I've never owned a Vectrex, but the look very interesting. I got to poke around with one at CGE, and it is very impressive given when it was produced. You'll have no problem fitting in here, with plenty of classic gamers around.

I am a little disappointed that you didn't mention owning a NES or SNES, but I'll let you go on that for now Wink

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #722 on: September 26, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »

Nice to hear more about you Vectorguy.

Thanks!

I got to poke around with one at CGE, and it is very impressive given when it was produced.

Yep.  Jay Smith, the "father of the Vectrex", said in an interview just a couple of years ago that with all the electronic stuff that he helped bring out (from the Microvision to a current fishing game that uses a physical rod and/or reel that attaches to a tv), the Vectrex was still his favorite achievement.

And I hear ya about expos, as I got to play my first Sean Kelly Vectrex multicart (nope, don't have one) the other year at an expo.  So that's always cool Smiley

You'll have no problem fitting in here, with plenty of classic gamers around.

Good to hear!

I am a little disappointed that you didn't mention owning a NES or SNES, but I'll let you go on that for now Wink

Heh.  Maybe I didn't clarify about not knowing much about the Wii like I was dissing Nintendo or something, but I wasn't.  We just don't have many games for it.  I didn't know anyone who owned an SNES, although a cousin had an NES that I played on once.  I'll have my own Wii at some point (probably the upcoming Wii U) and I still want a GBA!

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #723 on: September 26, 2012, 01:36:10 PM »

Heh.  Maybe I didn't clarify about not knowing much about the Wii like I was dissing Nintendo or something, but I wasn't.  We just don't have many games for it.  I didn't know anyone who owned an SNES, although a cousin had an NES that I played on once.  I'll have my own Wii at some point (probably the upcoming Wii U) and I still want a GBA!

I'm just giving you a hard time since I am a Nintendo guy. Grin

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #724 on: September 26, 2012, 01:50:35 PM »

Good for you!  Have to watch and look out for your own kind then Grin

engel762
Donor

Stats
« Reply #725 on: September 26, 2012, 09:13:50 PM »

The hunt is the best part of it!  Tracking down games I wished I had when I was a kid.  Scrounging through endless piles of games at the shops for good deals.  Finding stuff I didn't know existed!  The joy of finding a rare title at a low price, and the kicking myself in the ass when i find out I payed too much for something...  good times!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #726 on: September 26, 2012, 09:17:38 PM »

Welcome engel762. I think you hit the nail on the head there. Well said.

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #727 on: September 27, 2012, 01:25:30 AM »

Just signed up two days ago. I'm from CT. Been slowly building my collection back up. Mostly a Nintendo fan.
Feel free to check out a video of my car

And my fiancé

We do car shows   
2012 video

2011 video

But I def love other games besides Mario. Zelda and Metroid are deep favorites too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (sweet!)

Now your playing with power!
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #728 on: September 27, 2012, 10:43:26 AM »

Those cars are amazing!! I can't imagine the amount of work that must go into something like that. That Mario that pops out of the pipe is a great idea.

Welcome to the site, it's always good to see another Nintendo guy here...

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #729 on: September 27, 2012, 11:40:09 AM »

Do you have a local car or art parade?  Here in Houston we have an annual car/art deal (forget the name of it exactly).  Those cars would fit right in Smiley

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #730 on: September 27, 2012, 03:57:27 PM »

Hey everyone, my name is Ricky.  I'm 28 years old and I live in Georgia.  I was directed here by a couple of guys from the Digital Press forums.  I collect mostly NES, SNES, and other Nintendo related items.  I'm currently working on building a Nintendo Power/Official Nintendo Player's Guide collection.  Nice to meet everyone.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #731 on: September 27, 2012, 04:54:22 PM »

Welcome aboard Johnny. I think I am one of the ones that pointed you in this direction Wink

This a great community, and you'll find many fellow Nintendo folks here.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #732 on: September 27, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »

As my name/sig implies, I have a big affinity for the old wireframe games, as I created the original Vectrex wiki (I say "original" since a friend of mine allowed me to create a backup on his site a while later) and the vector gaming forums, which currently has 60 members and nearly 4500 posts in a little over a year of existence.  The site also has forums covering the oldest Pong machines to the most current crop of the XBox 360 and the upcoming OUYA systems, so it's not just a site of cornering only the unique, limited era of vector video game history, as some people have expressed surprise of what all can be found on there, along with a gaming calendar promoting expos and events (the current Portland Game Expo is up, but will be deleted after the show this weekend).  Only two areas are not viewable for guests so you can poke around most of the site.

I don't really know much about the current gaming scene though, even though the family has a Wii.  I'm mostly old school, having a Vectrex (of course), a Sega Genesis, CD player and 32X, an Atari 7800 with 2600 games, some handhelds, PC games and a plug and play system.  Not a real huge collection, but I'm updating this site's database with info/pictures from it that is missing.

Non-gaming interests include music (from pretty much anything from new age to death metal), law (ex-legal person) and digital photography.

Well that's pretty much it, you can go back to your gaming now Smiley

Welcome and thanks for all the information filled submissions!

Vectorguy
Jaguar CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #733 on: September 27, 2012, 05:57:08 PM »

You're welcome, I'm glad to do so!  Keeping me busy too right now Smiley

russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #734 on: September 27, 2012, 09:05:05 PM »

We took the Mario car to Eureka springs AR the last two years for a all Scion car show. Yeah I put well over 1000 hours into the cars. A fun hobby. Everyone always ask if I have the game system in the car. Heck yea. It's one of those fake systems that plays NES/snes. It fits the snes controllers and works fine so why not.

Can't wait to get to know everyone on here. I'm sure it will help my collection.
I also build some cool probs to go with my car that could be used in someone's game room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (sweet!)

Now your playing with power!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length