RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:24:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Buying a Wii at Launch??? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Buying a Wii at Launch???  (Read 10683 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2006, 09:26:25 PM »

They already have that, it's called alcohol.

When shall his new form be revealed?
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2006, 09:48:26 PM »

Nah, that's the party beverage.

Hello World.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2006, 09:36:41 PM »

Looks like those crazy Germans* will be the first to hear about the Wii's plan, on August 23, for they are a keynote speech at the Leipzig Gaming Convention.  Is it August 23rd Yet? Iwataton!

http://www.gc-germany.de/pressetermine_e.shtml

*No offense meant to any Germans that are viewing this thread. I would never mean to offend Germans or Germany, especially when 75% of my ancestral lines trace back to Germany. Yay great great grandfather being a stowaway from Frankfurt! So what if my last name is Irish, such is the story of the melting pot.

Hello World.
NintendoMania1983
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2006, 03:05:48 AM »

I'll probably be getting it for Christmas.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2006, 12:41:30 PM »

"Nintendo: No Space World Planned
8/6/2006, 9:22am Eastern Time

Nintendo of America PR Manager, Matt Atwood, dispelled the continuing rumors that this year Nintendo is planning to hold a Space World event.

Speaking to Advanced Media Network, Atwood said there will be no Space World and also said that it is not where they will be unveiling the last bits of Wii information.

Nintendo is still a no show at Tokyo Game Show, with no speakers or demo's planned. Nintendo is still planning to speak at Leipzig Games Convention and with TGS pretty much out of the question, it is looking extremely likely that big Wii news will be announced on August 23 at GC."

http://www.nintendojo.com.../view_item.php?1154870561

Hello World.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2006, 01:51:21 AM »

I'm not gonna get a Wii right away. I Just think the whole motion sensing thing might be a lame gimmick. I also think that the remote control design may very well be one of the worst controllers ever designed. I'll have to try it before I actually decide to buy it.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2006, 10:41:20 AM »

I Just think the whole motion sensing thing might be a lame gimmick.

I had the same sentiment when I was comtemplating buying the DS, and then I bought one. No wonder the DS prints Nintendo Money.

Nintendo is known for making great games and experiences (sans Virtual Boy), I don't think now would be the time that they screw up.

Hello World.
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2006, 03:19:44 PM »

well i need a Wii now right now need a Wii, i dont care if it does turn out to be crap or thr best thing ever i have to have one and thats all there is to it.

Saying that i have everything else so will also be getting a PS 3 and a 360 (tho still borrowind one and still not that impressed)

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2006, 02:38:48 PM »

Nintendojo reports the following:

• Shigeru Miyamoto in an interview states that there is a grand possibility that GC games will be recoded to take advantage of the Wii Controls. Miyamoto further comments that such a conversion will be extremely easy, as the Wii is in essence a souped up Gamecube. Since the "Wiimakes*" are essentially already developed, and the original games will be easy to find, Miyamoto states that they will be able to sell the Wiimakes for cheap. link
  • Miyamoto confirms in the same article that sword control in the newest Zelda will be controlled by actual swipes of the remote, and these movements will imitate the sword strike. Miyamoto-san furthers says that of the two versions he of course will be playing the Wii version. link

Source: http://www.nintendojo.com/
*Wiimake term coined by Shigeru Miyamoto.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 02:40:36 PM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Tan
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2006, 04:55:28 PM »

I'm not gonna get a Wii right away. I Just think the whole motion sensing thing might be a lame gimmick. I also think that the remote control design may very well be one of the worst controllers ever designed. I'll have to try it before I actually decide to buy it.

don't forget that the wii-mote is the way they want you to play it, not the way you have to play it, the "classic control stick" is supposed to be an alternative to those not keen on using the wii-mote besides being the default virtual console controller.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2006, 01:09:59 PM »

10:15 AM, Leipizig, Tomorrow...

Yay!

Hello World.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2006, 02:08:13 PM »

Tan, isn't the Zelda game or something going to require you to use the remote? I thought there was one that will make you use that darn thing.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2006, 02:17:14 PM »

Yes, sword motions in Zelda are controlled entirely by the remote, If you don't like that idea, however, you can by the GC version, which I hear from Nintendo will run wonderfully on the Wii.

Hello World.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2006, 02:24:44 PM »

So, they are forcing you to use the remote.

Follow me on Twitter
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2006, 02:33:34 PM »

Well, even before that you still would have had to use the Remote for Zelda (aiming, fishing sword movements plus B button, etc), now they have just made the Wii version's sword movements rely entirely on the Remote. The Gamecube's version will still use the Gamecube controller, and is identical to the Wii version with the exception that it uses the GC controller. Who knows, maybe if enough people complain they will update the game via WiiConnect24, since they can do that.

Hello World.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length