RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:36:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Cheap Display Cases: Perfect For Game Boy Games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cheap Display Cases: Perfect For Game Boy Games  (Read 1766 times)
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« on: July 25, 2004, 01:36:16 AM »

I've been looking for a long time now for suitable housing for loose GB-GBC carts and today I found it - at Wal-Mart...lol

They have el cheapo display cases in the crafts dept that are PERFECT for Game Boy games. They work like most poster/picture frames these days, with those metal clip thingies you lift to remove the glass and "box" from the frame. They're also really easy to paint since everything comes away from the frame.

Basically it's like a heavy (pretty damn strong) cardboard box type deal with a "velvet" coating that fits inside the frame with a piece of glass between. The box part's corners aren't glued together which makes them even more perfect for Game Boy carts. When you remove the glass and frame with the box sitting on the floor you can flip through your GB titles with ease without removing anything. I put my carts in contact side down (meaning facing the back if it's wall mounted). You can fit app 80 games in the 8x8x2.5.

They come in two sizes: 8x8x2.5 for app $8 and 12x16x2.5 for app $13.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length