RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:15:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collection Milestones 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 172 Print
Author Topic: Collection Milestones  (Read 789643 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1005 on: August 05, 2012, 03:31:13 PM »

Recently passed 1300 games.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1006 on: August 08, 2012, 12:03:33 AM »

Dayum.  I got 1/10th of that.  Impressive.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1007 on: August 11, 2012, 10:25:13 PM »

Dayum.  I got 1/10th of that.  Impressive.
Thanks!

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1008 on: August 12, 2012, 11:54:30 AM »

Passed 250 360 retail releases.
Believe i am over 350 XBLA releases now.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1009 on: August 13, 2012, 12:29:00 AM »

I now have 50 titles in my Wii collection.

and

I now have 10 systems with at least 50 games for each.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1010 on: August 13, 2012, 07:50:48 AM »

Just passed 50 Famicom games.

Next milestone will be to have them all cleaned and organized....

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1011 on: August 13, 2012, 10:10:16 AM »

I passed 600 games a little while ago.

Also, as I was looking to see if I had entered a Jeff Rovin book on the other site my wife and I use to track a collection, I noticed we are exactly at 1500 books listed. We use a site called LibraryThing http://www.librarything.com to keep track of books.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1012 on: August 13, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »

We use a site called LibraryThing http://www.librarything.com to keep track of books.

What?!  speechless

You mean you knew about and used an online resource to keep track of books, and didn't think to share it with the rest of us until now?!  nono

Especially when there has been some lobbying by a few folks to add strategy guides to the RF Generation database?!

What kind of sick, depraved monster are you, anyway?  evilsad

Apparently either a zombie or Frankenstein's monster, judging by your avatar.

Actually, isn't the Franky monster technically a zombie, too? He is a reanimated corpse-- or, rather, a bunch of reanimated corpse parts strung together-- after all.

Ummm... what were we talking about, again?
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1013 on: August 13, 2012, 03:10:17 PM »

As far as I'm concerned there are only about a dozen sites on the internet. I guess I just take it for granted ya'all know about them.

We've been using librarything for years now. It works out really good to keep track of books. The system sources amazon and the library of congress (and a few others). Entering in books is very easy, nearly every modern book has an ISBN number, you simply enter this number into a field, press enter, and a list of possible books pops up. The list is usually just one book long and almost always the right one. Then you click the link for the book, the system add's it to your collection and sets you up for entering in the next book. It is very easy and quick.

Librarything also fills in all the info fields for each book (year, author, etc.) There are a bunch of analytics too, like how many others on the site have a book, how similar peoples collection is to yours, what books you have only one other on the site has, and lots more.

It's been a long time but I think they let you have collections up to 200 for free then you have to pay a one time "donation" of some amount, I think they suggest $25. That gets you in for life.

And yes it would work for strategy guides, anything remotely book like with an ISBN almost always works, it sources amazon remember?

Oh yeah, and if a book isn't in the system you can add it, but that is rare for us. Most of the time a book doesn't show up for us it is more then 80 years old, and even then its not too often.

And I don't seem to be a zombie-Frankenstein, I just checked.

ninja
nes_pimp
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1014 on: August 21, 2012, 01:13:22 AM »

I need 2 more nes games to have a complette licensed set, this includes label veriations aswell

I got them all now heres  the video

Note: SE is a custom repro ( see other vids ) not going to lie to ya'll.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1015 on: August 21, 2012, 08:03:37 AM »

Congrats!  I'm around 60 games from a licensed set myself.  If you don't mind me asking, PM me about where you found your SE repo.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
nes_pimp
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1016 on: August 21, 2012, 03:15:11 PM »

Congrats!  I'm around 60 games from a licensed set myself.  If you don't mind me asking, PM me about where you found your SE repo.

Thanks. 60 isnt far to go, I got the last 69 just this year, good luck. As for the SE repro, the dude that made it doesnt want to be recognized.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1017 on: August 21, 2012, 03:21:31 PM »

Very awesome!! I'm hoping to hit that goal by the end of next year if all goes well.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Nightowljrm
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1018 on: August 22, 2012, 03:10:18 PM »

While I have other "rares" like Gemfire, Dragon Fighter, Chubby Cherub, whatever... I got my first real NES rarity today. My second rarest game would probably be Dracula X.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1019 on: August 22, 2012, 03:14:22 PM »

Congrats sir.  Was that a find, or did the bank account take a bit of a shakin'?

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 172 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length