RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:37:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Yzerman retires / Shanahan leaves 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Yzerman retires / Shanahan leaves  (Read 4587 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: July 05, 2006, 10:00:42 AM »

Yzerman retires

Who will be the next captain?

Edit: Shanahan leaves
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 08:26:48 AM by captain_nintendo » Logged

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 10:59:45 AM »

It's probably between Lidstrom and Chelios, but I would guess it's going to be Lidstrom.  After that I wouldn't be suprised if they named Henrik Zetterberg the captain.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 01:25:08 PM »

Tis a sad sad day. The end of an era.   Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Chelios needs to retire. Hell after watching 10 minutes of one of their playoff games it looked like half teh team needs to retire.

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 09:11:11 AM »

On top of that, it look slike the Wings are going to sign Ed Belfour.  Nice move.  Roll Eyes
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 10:26:14 AM »

On top of that, it look slike the Wings are going to sign Ed Belfour.  Nice move.  Roll Eyes

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 12:50:03 PM »

It's true. Belfour was in for a physical. He's not signed, but I'd like to know what Ken Holland's been smoking by even considering a 41 y/o goalie...

I think that Lidstrom or Draper would be the best candidates for captain. Chelios' name has also been talked about on sportsradio here as an option; but that would suck if he got it.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 01:30:22 PM »

Chelios needs to go. Toooooo sloooooooowowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

And Belfour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The team needs to get younger not older.  WTF.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 08:28:21 AM »

Bump* Shanahan leaves.

And Belfour did have a pretty good season last year. Of course he was injured alot at the end hmm

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 10:24:25 AM »

I thought Shanahan had a good season? Oh well they need to get younger and faster.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2006, 02:58:27 PM »

Agreed. I just hope that they don't sign Belfour or Hasek as rumored. They should give the young goaltenders a try.

Shanahan did have a strong season, but with his age, he's not worth $4M to the Red Wings.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2006, 04:00:01 PM »

I almost choked wheb I heard Hasek's name mentioned today. PLEASE NO! Belfour is too old too but the Wings are looking for an experienced stop gap till Jimmie Howard is ready.

I was not surprised to see Shanny go though I thought it might be to the Bruins to play for Dave Lewis again.

Lidstrom will be the next Captain.

I knew the day would come but it won't be the Wings without Stevie Y. The Captain has been the heart of the team for as long as I can remember. I was a sophomore in high school his rookie year. I don't recall much pre Yzerman Red Wing hockey.

damn I'll miss him. Yzerman was a hockey god!

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 04:15:17 PM »

I almost choked wheb I heard Hasek's name mentioned today. PLEASE NO! Belfour is too old too but the Wings are looking for an experienced stop gap till Jimmie Howard is ready.

I was not surprised to see Shanny go though I thought it might be to the Bruins to play for Dave Lewis again.

Lidstrom will be the next Captain.

I knew the day would come but it won't be the Wings without Stevie Y. The Captain has been the heart of the team for as long as I can remember. I was a sophomore in high school his rookie year. I don't recall much pre Yzerman Red Wing hockey.

damn I'll miss him. Yzerman was a hockey god!

If they sign Hasek I wont like teh Wings. He quit on the Wings why and the hell would they sign him.

You said " Yzerman was a hockey god!" that wrong. It should of read Yzerman IS a hockey God.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2006, 03:46:18 PM »

Wings fans were definately spoiled to be able to have him his entire career, and such a long one at that. The way players move from team to team it's unusual to see a player stay with a team so long.

hell even Gretzky as great as he was played for 4 teams. and the other guy synonymous with Detroit hockey, Gordie Howe ended his career as a Hartford Whaler.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 06:12:57 AM »

speechless  Surprise, surprise!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 09:03:20 AM »

And August bump

So we have Hasek again......

OK.  I guess it was decided that would be better than giving Jimmy Howard a shot.  Fucking brain surgeons.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length