RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 02:26:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | what kind of car do you drive 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what kind of car do you drive  (Read 2778 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: July 12, 2006, 10:40:55 PM »

Im not a big car person as long as it gets me from point a to point b im happy...I recently bought a kia sorenta  after driving a cavalier for 9 years...I still have the cavailer got 190.000 thousand miles on it and still running  only thing that ever went bad was the fuel pump and front wheel bearings..anyone own a kia  did  i do ok or am i in for problems. before i got the cavalier we had a volkswagon fox was a good car until a deer decided to crush the front end

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
David_J.
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 10:47:36 PM »

1996 Ford Taurus GL.

I love this car.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 12:03:51 AM »

Mitsubishi Expo, 1993

212,000+ miles and stills runs like a car.

When shall his new form be revealed?
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 08:52:51 AM »

1996 Ford Taurus GL.

I love this car.

Same.....

It gets me from A to B, I sold my 65 Mustang after my divorce so I could buy this car. It was a far safer way to travel with my son.

Probably going to buy another project Mustang eventually.

TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 09:41:02 AM »

2000 Hyundai Elantra
My Passenger Side Door has issues, but I am never a passenger in my car; therefore, to the passenger who broke it DAMN YOU!

Hello World.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 12:10:11 PM »

Currently 97 Nissan Sentra with 150,000ish miles still runs amazingly.

My passenger side has some problems to...
So to the old lady who T-boned me DAMN YOU!

Yes even with the total decimation of the passengerside the car drives fine.
80-95mph on the highway for 30ish minutes can testify to that.

Car i will have in the future depending on if i can or cannot get out of my current contract
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 50,000ish miles. fully loaded power everything. White
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix 50,000ish miles same price as the 2000 but doesn't have sunroof and not sure about anything else. Oh and this one is black.

David_J.
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 10:07:44 PM »

Mitsubishi Expo, 1993

212,000+ miles and stills runs like a car.

Expo's are great!

My mom had one, and she loved this car. It is perhaps her favorite car -- well, next to the Buick Renvovizes (I can't spell) she drives now. Our's was a '92 in white. Fun little car, and I was a wee lad when she got it. At the time, we couldn't afford it -- morgage payment, dad had job problems, etc but we stuck it out and got it.

I miss that car, and it was replace by a Dodge Caravan. I almost weap when we left in the caravan -- we sold that a year later.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 07:41:26 AM »

Currently 97 Nissan Sentra with 150,000ish miles still runs amazingly.

My passenger side has some problems to...
So to the old lady who T-boned me DAMN YOU!

Yes even with the total decimation of the passengerside the car drives fine.
80-95mph on the highway for 30ish minutes can testify to that.

Car i will have in the future depending on if i can or cannot get out of my current contract
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 50,000ish miles. fully loaded power everything. White
2002 Pontiac Grand Prix
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix 50,000ish miles same price as the 2000 but doesn't have sunroof and not sure about anything else. Oh and this one is black.

Is the 2004 the more recent body style? If it is, it is a much better choice than the other two.  If not, then the GT will be much more fun to drive. 

I drive a white 2000 Bonneville, and I am very happy with it.  I will be hitting the 60k mark on it within a few weeks, depending on how much I drive.  Nothing has ever really broken on it, I had to replace a windshield because of overpacked gravel trucks though.   And this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, but the stock radio leaves a little to be desired.  I'd replace it, but I don't want to give up steering wheel controls or the speed sensative volume. 

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 01:30:09 PM »

97 Chevy S-10 I downgraded a few years ago from a 88 F-150 4X4. I still miss that truck!

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 02:19:56 PM »

I hope to be driving a new Charger R/T or Maxima by the end of the year. Will be nice to drive something different then the 2001 Dakota.

David_J.
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 11:26:30 PM »

Mmm... I was hoping to get a SRT-8 when I graduated from College, but when I found out the new Challenger was green-lighted I was intrested. I'll wait a few more years, because I hope you can get it with a V6. I hate how if you want a R/T Magnum or Charger (i.e. with the Hemi) you need all of this luxury crap, that I personally do not want. I also thought about buying my mom's SUV in a few years... we'll see.

*sigh* wish I had a time machine to go back in time and buy my dream '70 Challenger.

Hydrobond, you CAN keep your steering wheel controls if you get an aftermarket deck!

http://www.cardomain.com/...+Audio+Control+Interfaces

http://www.crutchfield.co.../prodview.asp?i=127SWIALP

Enjoy!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 10:54:48 PM »

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix

Is the 2004 the more recent body style? If it is, it is a much better choice than the other two.  If not, then the GT will be much more fun to drive.

I ended up with the 2000 Grand Prix GT
So far i love it.
But it is definately going to be a gas monger...

Thus far i am VERY pleased with the car. But i still wish i could have gotten the newer model car because they had all the same stuff but newer, more flowing, modern, aerodynamic design style.

I am lucky it isn't considered a sports car(coupes rock Smiley) or my insurance would be WAY more.
Between insurance and car payment is approx 30 hours of work a month.

David_J.
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 09:39:14 PM »

Man, that's a week's worth of work for me, and I don't have a new car. My car is a gas monger, but the lack of payments, comfyness, handling and accelration, and egronomics make my car a keeper.

I worked with a girl who worked more than that a week and couldn't even afford a USED '05 Focus with cranks, manual locks and the only things it had where AC and a CD Player. But she is/was stupid and will go bankrupt because of the damn car.

Who would pay $300 for such a car. Economy cars are NOT economy when you are a teenager.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length