RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 12:38:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Have you ever regret selling something? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Have you ever regret selling something?  (Read 4915 times)
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2004, 07:34:57 AM »

and that a bitch... jsut resized it and now its too big a file to attach.
sorry about that arrr
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2004, 07:45:39 PM »

sold Earthbound, probably the most underrated SNES game ever, WITH the player's guide for $15, now i cant find it anywhere. Cry Cry  also had all 3 DKCs and Mario RPG. Gone now. Sad

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2004, 07:58:17 PM »

yes but i am the proud owner of all but earthbound. Cheesy
one thing i have learned is you have to take your wins with your loses and i definatelty won on that deal.

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2004, 08:08:30 PM »

yeah, sold them for $5 each, so stupid... all i wanted to do was save up to get an n64, too bad it ended up bing one of the worst nintendo systems imo

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2004, 10:19:55 PM »

Saving up for an N64 was the same reason I ended up selling lots of my old games.  I learned very quickly that I had made a big mistake, and vowed never to sell my games again...  and still haven't.  You just can't get enough back in resale in most cases....  but I'm biased, because I become really attached to my collection.

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2004, 10:33:44 PM »

same here. wont sell a thing unless i have more than one i could go 5 years without playing a game and when i sell it i get this uncontrollable urge to play it

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2004, 05:10:01 AM »

well, i regret selling my original NES, perfect cond. w/ box nd plastic and styrofoam.
at a yardsale in high school for like $5 or $10 dollars.  that sucked.  and all my games for it.  everything was well taken care of and i think soem of the games still had the boxes too.  i prolly wanted money for the weekend or something.  wasnt worth it, even if it was pussy that i was chasing that weekend.  sucks...
T
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2004, 08:21:09 AM »

Yes...every game have ever sold I have regretted to some degree

Even if I have another copy I wonder what if it breaks

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2004, 08:23:09 AM »

You sell it untested AS IS on ebay saying you dont own the system that it plays on. Thats what half the things on ebay are
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 08:27:40 AM by IZRET101 » Logged

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2004, 08:58:04 AM »

You sell it untested AS IS on ebay saying you dont own the system that it plays on. Thats what half the things on ebay are

Oooohhh dont make me angry!!!  flamethrower

|D

If I know something is broke I sell it as broke! I even invite people to inspect expensive equipment before they bid if they are in the area.

People selling i.e ZX Spectrums "sold as untested, no t.v lead to test it with" It's gotta be the single most common stanard rf-lead in the history of the world.  So  it annoys me, cos I know they are lying.

Also, I am selling 5 MSX carts, untested, cos I dont have and never had have an MSX and can't afford one. But the price I get will be affected by all the broken rubbish out there.  Sad

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2004, 08:31:05 PM »

I got rid of a lot of stuff after high school because I didnt really have a home for awhile and had to stay with freinds alot. Lost Magic Knight Ray Earth on Saturn during that period, as well as a good share of my SNES games.
Also, one time, my mother stepped on my copy of Dragon Force and broke it and then refused to replace it. (this was when the game had first come out) I'll be lucky to ever find that one again.

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2004, 09:32:21 PM »

damn dude that sucks bad.
Those games are not easy to come by at all.  
of course that is why it is in this thread Wink
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2004, 09:47:43 PM »

AGHHH i spotted the Six Pak my mom sold and it was going for $15 and Toe Jam and Earl for 30.

Kamino
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2005, 08:15:17 AM »

I traded a game gear for some notebook PC parts.
I regretted it and only a year later managed to trade with the same guy to get the same game gear and games back.
I regret selling Twisted Metal: Black: online for ps2, only because i know predict it to be a future rarity. *slaps forehead*
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2005, 08:19:17 AM »

i do regret selling some of the stuff I had as a kid, but of course it was not retro then, and in real terms, with inflation, I probably got more money for it, than I could buy it for today anyway.

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length