RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:57:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Have you ever regret selling something? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Have you ever regret selling something?  (Read 4916 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: June 09, 2004, 06:16:20 AM »

Whenever someone plans to sell something from his/her collection all nerds go 'nooooo! you'll regret it later!'.
Now I've sold a fair shair of my games, most notably my 32X collection, but I've never actually regret it. Of course it's sad to see an empty spot on the shelves, but some rearranging and it's gone.

Is there anybody here who really regrets selling something?
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 06:36:24 AM »

Yes. I sold some BBC computers, I wish i'd kept them now. Apart from that no, not really.

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 07:52:11 AM »

This goes back to the whole attachment thing for me.  I become so attached to my games that I feel horrible if I ever sell or trade any of them, no matter how much I hate the game or how many duplicates I have.  I guess maybe I'm weird, but the ONE trade I ever made I still totally regret, and it's not because it was an unfair deal.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 08:04:14 AM »

A while back I had a copy of Xenogears that I never played.  I played it once and I absolutly hated the 3/4 view.  

One day I was very short on cash, when me and one of my friends started talking about games.  He said that he couldn't find Xenogears anywhere and that he would buy mine for something like $40.  I accepted and have regretted it everyday since.
Geondp
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 10:54:19 AM »

I was just thinking about selling some of my dubbles but i would hate to that then have something break Wink so dont know..

Fuck you asshole Ill fuck you in the butt lets get DIRTY!!-Geondp
deadducks
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 03:00:11 PM »

The only thing I have ever sold is my 32x, so no

2D Forever
Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 07:53:26 PM »

Did it twice:

First I sold my NES, 4 controllers including quickshot joystick and powerglove, and about 80 games for $90.  And this was 13 years ago or so.  Regretted that from the minute I did it.

Then I sold my Turbo Duo, 4 controllers including turbotap and about 15 games for like $150 - about 11 years ago.

Doh!

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 09:28:58 PM »

Oh yeah, I somehow completely forgot to mention the selling of my original NES.  I had the action set, in great condition.  It was boxed and complete - even had all the styrofoam and plastic bags.  I had about 15 or 20 games, all boxed and complete as well...  and I sold the whole lot for $15 when I was a kid because that seemed like a lot of money when all I wanted to buy was 25 cent pieces of candy.  BAD idea to sell that....  it's what really got me collecting.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 10:56:06 PM »

I've sold a few games I picked up for $5 or less and later ended up wanting for my collection and had to pay out the ass (at least that's what it felt like) for. The most notable is Final Fantasy III.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 10:57:14 PM »

my brothers once convinced me to sell my NES and all the games on it like 6 years ago.  now I'm still trying to rebuild my old collection

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2004, 04:26:59 AM »

Still trying to rebuild my old NES collection as well.  It's especially tough to find this stuff complete and in the mint condition I had kept all of my stuff way back when.  If I ever find a complete copy of Where In Time is Carmen Sandiego? in the wild, I'll go crazy with happiness.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 03:37:44 AM »

I regretted my mom selling my first genesis and all the games for 20 dollars which included every sonic game, all the mortal kombats, toe jam and earl and the 6 in 1plus around 8 other titles. But i have never sold anything so i cant regret any of my sales.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2004, 04:15:54 AM »

Jesus.  Bad deal for you, man.  Tell your mom not to go into the video game resale business.  Was that the Menacer 6-in-1 or the 6-Pak?

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2004, 04:17:26 AM »

6-PAK  ya toejam and earl alone is 25 -30 bucks Shocked what ive seen it at it was the good genesis too with headphones and volume control :-/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 04:18:44 AM by IZRET101 » Logged

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2004, 06:29:49 AM »

what ive seen it at it was the good genesis too with headphones and volume control

this is the good genesis:

http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/CDX.jpg
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length