RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 09:56:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | i miss sega 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: i miss sega  (Read 6840 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 07:52:08 PM »

The back lite on the DS Lite is awesome.

Necrosaro420
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 10:23:30 AM »

I liked Segas systems as well.  I wish they would make a comeback.  But sadly, software makes the money in this industry, not hardware

TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 08:49:34 AM »

look at it this way. back in the day there were many systems to choose from. now its down to 3 main competators: xbox, playstation and nintendo. i liked it better when there was more to choose from.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 10:28:50 AM »

I don't know about all that noise.  NEC was really the first company to release a CD based system with the Turbo Grafx CD, but that is one of those inane points that should only be used when you don't have anything to argue about.

As for the Game Gear being better than both the GBA and DS, man are you blind?  Yes, it's nice to be able to listen to music, watch TV, play games, and peel a potato with one device, but I buy game systems to play games.  I hate it when a company announces that thier new system will perform 1001 tasks because it just means that I have to pay 3 times as much to have a bunch of things that I'm not going to use much, if at all.  Sure, I can download and save song's to my XBox's hard drive, but I've only done that with one song, just to find out how to do it.

And the Game Gear brighter than the GBA or DS?  I've played with all 3 in a close proximity of time, and the backlights on the SP and DSLite are powered by, and I'm 99% sure of this, small, highly condensed white dwarf stars.

I just realized how venomous this sounded.  I swear I didn't mean for it to come out like that.  Damn, I feel like a Nintendo fanboy now.  I have to go write in my journal [/emo]
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 11:50:02 AM »

And the Game Gear brighter than the GBA or DS?  I've played with all 3 in a close proximity of time, and the backlights on the SP and DSLite are powered by, and I'm 99% sure of this, small, highly condensed white dwarf stars.

the GBA doesnt even have a backlight. and i have had a chance to play the ds. its ok. i still dont think its lit enough as the game gear is. i think its just that i am stuck on the old school gaming. like i have more fun playing my genesis then i do my game cube. besides i think the game cube controller is annoying as shit. and besides whats wrong with a handheld doing a 1001 things. i like pealing my potatoes while i jam on some sonic.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 12:14:24 PM »

I think you just love Sega too much to say Nintendo has a better handheld.

TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 11:49:13 PM »

they dont. reguardless that i am a nintendo fan too. but yeah i got a boner for sega. the only handheld i see superior to the game gear was the psp. that thing blew my mind with the new tekken.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 04:23:32 AM »

Well I might actually agree system wise that the Game Gear was pretty awesome, besides the insane eating of batteries. But game wise you gotta give it to Nintendo.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 10:21:45 PM »

they dont. reguardless that i am a nintendo fan too. but yeah i got a boner for sega. the only handheld i see superior to the game gear was the psp. that thing blew my mind with the new tekken.

Take off the SEGA glasses.

Tan
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 11:08:01 PM »

PSP has the same problem the GameGear had, nice hardware but a barebone software library, i don't think any handheld compares with the GBA SP2 when you've got 17 years worth of games playable on that system, not to mention a selection of the best Nes, SNES, and a few Genesis games to boot, all playable on a backlit screen that rivals the DS lite and smaller size overall than any other handheld before it.
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2006, 04:12:50 PM »

i wish i had a pair of the 3d glasses for the sega master system.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2006, 05:32:22 PM »

So do I maybe you could see better.

TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2006, 07:14:02 PM »

So do I maybe you could see better.

at least i would be able to play missle defense 3d without getting a headache.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2006, 04:24:31 PM »

1. the words 'nintendo' and 'sonic' do not belong in the same sentence.

Why not?

2. the dreamcast's graphics (i think) are remotely comparable to an xbox (not 360).

So wrong it completely null and voids the rest of your argument, but I'll move on anyway because this is fun.

3. sega was the first to have online gaming.

Wrong. The Famicom, yes the original NES, was. Over in Japan.

4. the game gear rocked. i still think its better then a ds. its brighter and has a tv adapter.... nintendo has yet to make a handheld with as many capabilities (i.e. tv, master gear converter, brighter screen, bigger screen, etc.)

This is an opinion, and yet is still wrong. It is as bright as a DS lite, and the DS does have more features, what the hell are you smoking?

5. sega has always been ahead of itself. they need to sit back down with the dreamcast and expand the horizons (i.e. dvd lens, high speed modem, etc.)

Yes, Sega needs to sit back down and fix a system that is roughly 8 years old.

6. sega cd. not very popular but they had the right idea of where to go with technology. they knew where gaming was going.

Good thing Sega knew how to draw in 3rd party support and provide killer games M I RITE?! Seriously, I agree with that last comment.

Also none of those ideas are new or logical and have all been shot down in the past.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 04:49:57 PM by Shimra » Logged
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2006, 04:48:37 PM »

Oh, and since it's just that bad...

This is something that has been bugging the shit out of me for a while and I finally decided to put it into words. I am sure everyone has seen the thread about wanting sega to make a new system, but hear me out on this one, I have some logical reasons.

1. The words 'Nintendo' and 'Sonic' do not belong in the same sentence.

2. The Dreamcast's graphics,shouldbeaspacehereI think, are remotely comparable to an Xbox (not 360)<--- Reword this. The Dreamcast ran on a windows processor and a few years later Micro$oft comes out with the Xbox. hmmmmmm. <--- Is this necessary?

3. Sega was the first to have online gaming.

4. The Game Gear rocked. I still think it's better then a DS. It's brighter and has a TV adapter. Nintendo has yet to make a handheld with as many capabilities (i.e. TV, Master Gear converter, brighter screen, bigger screen, etc.)

5. Sega has always been ahead of itself. They need to sit back down with the dreamcast and expand it's horizons (i.e. DVD lens, high speed modem, etc.)

6. Sega CD.<--- I fail to see how this is a sentence. Not very popular but they(who?) had the right idea of where to go with technology. They(who?) knew where gaming was going.

That's the basics of what has been bugging me. i am not sure of(no need for the of) how you feel but i think these are legitimate reasons for Sega to get back on top of the gaming world.(no need for the period) Because Sonic should never be on a Nintendo system. That's like putting Nixon on a $100 bill, it's just not right. Please share your thoughts on this, I would like to hear what people think.

F- http://billymadisonisanidiot.ytmnd.com/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 04:50:22 PM by Shimra » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length