RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:21:24 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 423528 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #540 on: May 28, 2013, 12:29:33 PM »

It looks like Sega's voice recording studios still suck hard. They're trying to recreate that feel from 2000.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #541 on: May 28, 2013, 11:15:35 PM »

20 minutes of a podcast some of you might like to listen to.

I get to listen to a lot of podcasts during work. There are some I download every episode and some only when the topic looks good. One show that I have in an rss feed which up until the latest episode I have only downloaded once or twice is, This Week in Law on TWiT.tv

You may have heard about some ad revenue redirecting hoopla on "Let's Play" videos by Nintendo. This Week in Law, episode 212 talks about it from a lawyer-y point of view.

There is nothing earth shattering revealed but you do get to hear the discussion from lawyer type people. Maybe some new ideas to mull over if you are wondering about this news story.

They start talking on the subject at about the 58 minute mark and go on for about 20 minutes.
http://twit.tv/show/this-week-in-law/212

Unrelated and coincidentally, there is some talk about xbox one in the previous segment as well.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #542 on: May 29, 2013, 12:35:57 AM »

I get to listen to a lot of podcasts during work.

Wait a minute... you actually have time to listen to podcasts at work?

Shouldn't you be... oh, I don't know... WORKING, instead?

No wonder this country's productivity is goin' down the dumper.

Methinks I'm gonna have a little conversation with your supervisor.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #543 on: May 29, 2013, 07:34:46 AM »

I get to listen to a lot of podcasts during work.

Wait a minute... you actually have time to listen to podcasts at work?

Shouldn't you be... oh, I don't know... WORKING, instead?

I work for a super secret group which has worldwide ambitions. We have our fingers in all forms of internet media. I am part of the podcast division. My job is to make sure podcasters are conforming.

The pay is really good and there are cookies.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #544 on: May 30, 2013, 01:46:54 PM »

With ~270 finished arcade titles i took the #20 spot on the leaderboards at TA for completed arcade games.
~40 more will put me into top 10
~80 for 5th
~100 for 4th
~135 for 3rd
~180 for 2nd
~200 for 1st

The spacing gets pretty ridiculous plus now i am starting to work into the moving target area of people who in some cases exclusively play "arcade" games and get things before the general public and generally have a leg up on the rest of the competiton.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 01:48:46 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #545 on: June 09, 2013, 03:00:17 PM »

Was this a the corey marshall thing? On Shenmue Dojo there is an interview with him
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #546 on: June 09, 2013, 11:19:19 PM »

Holy crap, I just discovered they released an Airwolf shmup...

...for the Mega Drive in Japan.

Which explains why the first mission is in Guatemara.

And if there's one show that deserves to be given the shmup treatment, it's Airwolf. It just fits perfectly, you know? The show's theme playing during the deal just sealed the deal for me-- I GOTTA GRAB ME THIS BAD BOY! CIB of course.

BTW while it did see release in the States as Crossfire, it has neither Airwolf license attached to it, nor the theme playing during gameplay. It just ain't the same, you know?

Man, do I miss Ernest Borgnine.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 11:21:39 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #547 on: June 20, 2013, 11:47:13 AM »

Since I've been asked about my 32X collection, with people being close to completing theirs (and my owning all but the commons and Pitfall 32X), here's what's currently in my collection:

I need to replace the outer box for my Knuckles Chaotix unless I can get the chocolate stain off it, and I need to replace the outer box for my Doom 32X since it has the UPC cut out. Not featured is the 32X shirt that goes with the set that I got for Secret Santa.  Grin
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:57:01 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #548 on: June 20, 2013, 05:33:07 PM »

Another fun Onion article.

http://www.theonion.com/a...cter-marvels-at-ho,32883/

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #549 on: June 20, 2013, 08:38:25 PM »

I'm just going to share this because it is one of the biggest frustration to anyone who regularly swaps between consoles.

The other annoyance is the A/B (or O/X) swap between the East and West.  Which is confirm and which is decline?  It's not always consistent.

* tumblr_moc5r75MsC1s7e58wo1_1280.jpg (312.17 KB, 1024x620 - viewed 299 times.)

it's thinking
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #550 on: June 20, 2013, 09:49:04 PM »

And now, from Cracked: 5 things Video Games Do Better Than Any Other Forms of Art.

http://www.cracked.com/bl...than-any-other-forms-art/
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #551 on: June 20, 2013, 10:21:10 PM »

Bought my first PS Vita game (Persona 4 Golden) to find no manual.  Asked the sales attendant three times if that was meant to be the case.  Even with corroborative evidence I still don't truly believe him.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #552 on: June 21, 2013, 12:05:16 AM »

Bought my first PS Vita game (Persona 4 Golden) to find no manual.  Asked the sales attendant three times if that was meant to be the case.  Even with corroborative evidence I still don't truly believe him.

i have yet to see any vita game with a manual, they've gone all digital Tongue
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #553 on: June 21, 2013, 07:11:45 AM »

I had grabbed some game recently(cant remember what) and it didn't even have that token 1 piece of paper manual that told you to go to this website to see the manual.

Pretty sure it was printed on the back of the insert.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #554 on: June 21, 2013, 08:21:22 AM »

i have yet to see any vita game with a manual, they've gone all digital Tongue

Vita games do not have manuals - they're all on the actual software. Digital manuals.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length