RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:01:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421831 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1110 on: December 08, 2014, 11:25:57 AM »

Both BOF games on SNES are seriously awesome in my opinion. Some of my favorite RPGs of all time.

I have the first one but a review I watched over the weekend said the dungeons are really puzzle-heavy and the encounter rate is super high. Those are two big turnoffs for me I have to admit.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1111 on: December 08, 2014, 02:15:49 PM »

Both BOF games on SNES are seriously awesome in my opinion. Some of my favorite RPGs of all time.

I have the first one but a review I watched over the weekend said the dungeons are really puzzle-heavy and the encounter rate is super high. Those are two big turnoffs for me I have to admit.

I have the GBA version of BOFII, and I would agree that the encounter rate is quite insane. The game is fun but I didn't care for it as much as the original
Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1112 on: December 09, 2014, 10:04:08 AM »

I played the original BOF about a year and a half ago and thought it was pretty 'meh'.  Not a bad game, but it was Capcom's first attempt at creating a traditional RPG, and it shows. 

I used to own BOF II back in the day, but haven't played it since I was about 10 years old, so I can't really comment on that one.  However, I do remember that I didn't like it nearly as much as the Squaresoft RPGs of that era.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1113 on: December 09, 2014, 10:33:12 AM »

I appreciate the input. Still haven't pulled the trigger but it's almost certainly going to be BOFII. Unless someone here has played Ogre Battle and can tell me a little about it...

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1114 on: December 09, 2014, 10:40:05 AM »

I appreciate the input. Still haven't pulled the trigger but it's almost certainly going to be BOFII. Unless someone here has played Ogre Battle and can tell me a little about it...

Well, as per usual, I don't have the version of the game you're looking into, but I have Ogre Battle for PS. It's a pretty deep strategy RPG. I don't really care for SRPG's usually, but this one was pretty cool. I'd give it a try if I were you, as I think it's the better game of the two you're considering (other than the fact that it's significantly more expensive than BOFII).
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1115 on: December 09, 2014, 10:49:31 AM »

My experience is with Ogre Battle 64, which was a fantastic game. I can't say much for the SNES or PSX games, unfortunately, though Tactics Ogre for PSX was fantastic as well. Very much like Final Fantasy Tactics.

zcrich01
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1116 on: December 09, 2014, 10:55:18 AM »

My experience is with Ogre Battle 64, which was a fantastic game. I can't say much for the SNES or PSX games, unfortunately, though Tactics Ogre for PSX was fantastic as well. Very much like Final Fantasy Tactics.

I have Tactics Ogre for GBA, which I enjoyed as well. It's not nearly as massive/widespread, but it's a fun game in its own right.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1117 on: December 09, 2014, 11:17:20 AM »

Quest is the reason for that.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:45:30 PM by SirPsycho » Logged

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1118 on: December 09, 2014, 11:39:52 AM »

Well damn, now I'm intrigued. Perhaps I'll look deeper into Ogre Battle and continue my hunt for a physical copy of Breath of Fire II.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1119 on: December 10, 2014, 12:44:23 PM »

I didn't know that Ogre Battle on SNES and PSX were essentially the same game.  I actually own the PSX version, maybe I should pop it in sometime.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1120 on: December 10, 2014, 02:25:24 PM »

http://blog.us.playstatio...og+%28PlayStation.Blog%29

So Suikoden II is finally coming to PSN this Tuesday.  Better late than never, I suppose?

Also just found out that Yakuza 5 is coming to North America next summer.  I had given up hope that this one would get localized.  Definitely a day one purchase for me.

I just wanted to say I heard yesterday that Yakuza 5 is digital only. Ya'll know I'm not someone who cries about that, but I will say my Yakuza games are kind of a highlight of my collection, so I am a little disappointed. 

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1121 on: December 10, 2014, 02:26:02 PM »

I didn't know that Ogre Battle on SNES and PSX were essentially the same game.  I actually own the PSX version, maybe I should pop it in sometime.

Try it out and let me know how difficult it is. That's one of things holding me back from it.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1122 on: December 10, 2014, 03:24:10 PM »

i didn't know that either, i assumed that the PS version was the same as Ogre Battle 64
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1123 on: December 10, 2014, 10:10:10 PM »

saw a comment on a final fantasy video that said "never heard of final fantasy"
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1124 on: December 11, 2014, 12:05:55 AM »

Really want to try those Yakuza games, I hear they are pretty awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length