RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 07:49:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Should SEGA revive itself 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Poll
Question: Should SEGA release another consol.
yes!
no.
indecisive?
i'd rather see atari do it.

Author Topic: Should SEGA revive itself  (Read 6624 times)
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: August 03, 2006, 10:08:56 PM »

if you vote 'no' sonic will come to your house and give you a fast kick to the crotch.

just kidding.

but he might..........

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:29:14 PM »

I voted no and this is coming from some one trying to get all thr games for the US Sgea systems.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 12:12:39 AM »

Sonic came to my house and I killed him. He was only like an inch tall. Tasted like a blueberry.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 12:30:48 AM »

They should bring back Kalinski and rule the world again.  Wink

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
Tan
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 02:12:57 AM »

Sega doesn't have the resources to do both hardware and software, like Atari they are a shadow of their former selves except Atari is a name bought and Sega still has a bit of it's magic left even after the Sammy merger, but only enough to make a few good games a year and run Sonic's name into the ground a little more  Roll Eyes
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 08:57:44 AM »

i should of clicked "id rather see atari do it" just because we all know atari PWNs sega
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 04:27:41 PM by ganonbanned » Logged
vahn
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 09:06:26 AM »

Although Sega does run, or even pummel the sonic name into the ground, they do release good games here and there.  The recent chromehounds game is just amazing.
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 09:32:33 AM »

I voted no.

There are enough systems on the market at the current time. Maybe once PS3 fecks everything up for Sony there maybe an opening but until then they should stick to games, and try and develop more branching franchises other than just bloody Sonic games.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 09:39:27 AM »

I voted no.

From the stand point of.... I would rather they put more effort into making great games.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 10:04:09 AM »

The recent chromehounds game is just amazing.

Really? You're the first one that I've heard say so. What do you like about it?

vahn
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 02:25:29 PM »

The recent chromehounds game is just amazing.

Really? You're the first one that I've heard say so. What do you like about it?

I can see chromehounds not being a fun game for anybody without xbox live, because that is where all the fun takes place.  In single player mode, there are 6-8, can't remember, different modes of gameplay, such as soldier, sniper, etc.  Within each one of these modes is 7-8 missions, and you get rated on these missions on a level scale, with S being the greatest.  You are rated on accuracy, time, and then each mission there are special things to accomplish it tells you once you complete it such as beat it in a certain time, kill this enemy first, etc. 

But when you go on live, it will take your stats from single player and put them on live, so when you try to join a squad, they look at your stats, see that you've completed the training, and know your a good candidate on that.  You can still go on live without complete all the missions.  I haven't done a ton of live stuff, but apparently you take the side of 1 of the 3 nations, and its basically a 24 hour brawl to have global domination.  So say overnight all the people of your nation sign off, another nation can easily wipe them out.  At least thats what I think happens. Like said, haven't done a whole lot of the live experience, but from what I'm told, its done real well.

One other things thats great about live, you can create clans (squads), such as the website digitalpress has one, maybe this site could start one if enough were interested?
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 05:24:38 PM »

All I care about is shenmue 3. If sega decides to make their own system and put shenmue 3 on it, I'm happy. If they decide to release shenmue 3 for the xbox 360, I'm also happy. I really don't care on what system I play my sega games, as long as they're good.
Necrosaro420
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2006, 10:19:41 AM »

IMO I think they had a great system on there hands with the Dreamcast.   We really only seen the first gen games come out on the system before it was dying out.  I think the PS2 and Xbox would have beat it, but I do believe that the Dreamcast could have put up a little competition against them if they would have let the 2nd and 3rd gen games come out.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 05:23:40 PM »

Hell yes they should. Dreamcast was the greatest system of all-time.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
RetroYoungen
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 05:32:55 PM »

I voted indecisive.  If they can make strong hardware and release something really great on it, then yes.  If they're going to have the same problems they had with the Saturn (and later the Dreamcast) with third party support, then I think not.

But honestly, I would love to see a new HANDHELD by Sega.  Say, take what you've learned about the Game Gear, and the Game Boy's success, and make some more great 2D stuff on it.  The older hardware (Genny most specifically) was where some of their best games (and some of the best of all time) were released, so with slightly lower-spec hardware maybe they can pick up where they left off there.

And they SHOULD, if that's done, update the classic that is Rocket Knight Adventures.  Don't care if it was made by Sega or not... that game should come back to power.  Grin

Here is where the witty signature is supposed to go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length